Feeling tired after meals

After I’ve eaten and its not restricted to carbs I become very tired. Its not simply feeling sleepy its akin to having an anathsetic / overwhelming fighting to stop the brain and body shutting down, sleep apnea often stops me from going under after I give up the fight to stay awake The only thing that stops it is an ice cold shower. As soon as i dry off its back again. Does anyone else get this to a similar degree. Any tips on combating this? It’s worth noting I used to get this approx 5 years ago before I knew I had pfs I’d walk it off and ditched things like apples as they were knocking me out. Now its everything

1 Like

Not wishing to sound stupid but maybe try going with it? Have a meal and get ready for a nap. Is that a bad idea?

1 Like

Cheers @Greek I have a few times when I fall asleep for maybe 10 mins and re awaken feeling even worse. If nodding off helped I’d go with it especially since I don’t get much shut eye as things stand. Thanks for your consideration and words as ever

1 Like

I can definetly relate to this. I too would get tired before getting ill from certain meals, now it happens to me with everything aswell. That’s why I subconciously eat less, I feel alot better on an empty stomach.

1 Like

@ruinedlife how’s your weight and physique with tapering your intake

I’m at 165 pounds now. Body composition I would say is just skinny with bloated stomach from time to time. I would expect to be skinny as a stick with how I’ve been eating the past almost two years. Might have something to do with that a barely even sweat anymore. I’m 6 foot btw

1 Like

Yes so fatigued you feel like you cant even function after a meal. I dont think its normal.

1 Like

Yes, i can relate to that too. But i want to say that it’s degree changes to meal to meal. For example, if i eat white rice or potatoes or corn (i know they sound like not related to each other) it hits me like a truck i even can’t rise my head up i literally faint. But if i eat wholemeal bread or bulgur wheat i feel waay more better. An addition i always have a bloated gut, i couldn’t find any way to solve that but i am certainly sure that being skinny is not a salvation. I am 82 kg at 1.89 m height i work out at least 3 times a week and i can easily say that i feel way better than i was at beginning. You need to take carbs for sure otherwise you would use your muscles for your daily energy. So if you want to not feel tired after your meals; please observe what is easy to digest for you, then restrict some meals and add more which does not harm you.

1 Like

Hi @ruinedlife, I noticed you haven’t completed our patient survey. When you get a chance, could you please help our research efforts by doing so here? It’s a really simple but important action that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.