Feeling angry at myself

No it’s not.

Did u take Finasteride? We took Finasteride becoz we had excess androgens which made our hairfall. Less androgens means less hairfall. My T before Finasteride at 1 year ago was 900+. It made my hair growth slower and fall like crazy. That’s why I took Finasteride.

Androgens makes hair grow faster but fall more.

Androgens makes hair grow faster?? I don’t know about this. But for me I had male pattern baldness before Finasteride and my hair would take 4-5 months to grow half inch.

I had these all over my body. Ridiculously bad in my legs and feet. Sometimes severe twitches and cramps would wake me up in the middle of the night. They’ve mostly stopped but I suspect it was happening as things were shutting off in respect to my muscles. But that much did improve.

3 Likes

Same here and also in lifestyle - OP I wonder if creatine plays a role. I started having insane twitching (even when I was asleep) when starting dutasteride - they persisted after I kept taking it but seemed to not be so bad. I was taking creatine at the time - I recently started taking creatine for workouts and the twitching really got a lot worse. I’ve just quit but it my muscles feel like they are ready to fire off any minute: they just jerk with the slightest bit of stimulation. Twitches have gone up to my abs and face too now and were previously just in my legs. I think I got some vision problems when I exercise too and vibrating sensation in my foot (where the twitches are the worst) when I shower - the same symptom of multiple sclerosis with muscle twitches! Hope my symptoms get better but I will see a neurologist - I think you perhaps should do too?

UPDATE

Today i feel extremely suicidal. My own parents don’t believe me anymore. They don’t believe how can a side effect of a drug can last for 5 months. My body is really weak and mentally i am exhausted. I feel like i purposefully gave pfs to myself. I have never commited any sin like that for which i should be punished. My life before pfs was just bad. I was always an introvert and i have zero friends but i was physically and mentally strong. No one likes me becoz i was never an outgoing person. I just minded my own business. Right now i need an understanding friend with whom i can atleast share what i am going through, but it’s not possible in this cruel world. I regret each and every second i took this poison. I feel like ending it anytime.

1 Like

Brother, we understand you. Dont think about you being punished for sins or what not.
Its just a test of life, maintain and kick it in the ass. I’ve came a long way im almost hitting the 6 month mark. Went to hell and came back.

What symptoms bother you the most at the moment, have you seen no change at all in 5 months time?

1 Like

Today i went to my ayurveda doctor who was treating me for my thyroid problems. I told him about the symptoms that Finasteride caused to me. He told me to sit outside for few minutes and talked to my father. He told my father that i guess ur child has psychiatric problems.

Idiot

It’s almost a year. Life has become really tough. No androgenic feeling in my whole body from head to toe, no hairfall, muscle weakness and twitches are the worst. I’ve started to feel better since i tried to reduce my Free T4 and free cortisol. The suppliment i took for this purpose was Ashwagandha, Bacopa and giloy powder, but these things tend to give me anhedonia and pssd symptoms so i quit that. Right now i am on some other ayurvedic medications for this purpose.

My family doesn’t wan’t me to live with them anymore as i’ve completed my studies. They wan’t me to be independent and it has become a nightmare for me to go find some job with this disease. I just hope i don’t commit suicide becoz of all this. Most probably i will not.

2 Likes

@anon74895881 i feel for you mate so many people dont understand this disease and their actions feel so hurtful often resulting in abandonment. Try to focus on yourself. Time is the best and only healer for some of us but unfortunately we cant put a defined forecast on this, were all different. Many can improve in the first 2 years, hang on to that hope. I really feel for you with regards your parents, have you shown them the forum letter that you can give to a Dr it sets out things quite well though i do appreciate things are a lot different for you. Hang on in there your a very strong talented lad and have too much ahead of you `

2 Likes

Thanks for ur kind words Ryan…

“Try to focus on yourself”, yes, that’s what i am forced to do right now. I am surrounded by people who just don’t care what my health is, nor they believe me. They can’t believe how can a cosmetic drug cause this level of physical changes. Not their fault, i was a very very healthy guy before taking this poison so it can be unbelievable for anyone who knows me since childhood. I am forced to go look for some job now and be independent.

I don’t believe in time anymore. People here told me that i will be fine in 3 months, then in 6 months, then in a year, all were false. I am just same as i was since i quit the drug, especially physically. Physical symptoms are the worst. I don’t think time will ever heal me and i can’t even make myself a guinea pig due to the stories of people getting worse from it.

I tried to show the forum letter to an endo here and he told my father that i need psychatric help, same with a naturopath. U can’t imagine what i wen’t through at that time, these fucking doctors are my biggest enemies.

1 Like

Im lost for words mate this is so common as you know. The Drs dont have our back even when presented with evidence which gives doubters the ticket to throw us in the garbage. My rheum proff of 20 years who was initially on side stated in a recent letter that he acknowledged my physical changes but recommended that i should see a shrink. Ive gone from loving to feeling an element of betrayal towards the guy. We all relate to different degrees. The fact that 1000s of guys report the same symptoms should be enough. For many its easier to cross the other side of the road rather than offer a helping hand and face the reality.
Youve waited 3, 6 and 12 months and are still fighting. There are recovery stories post this date, one or two were severe too. Please dont give up and have faith we arent meant to die. As i often say we’ll feel superhuman if we get out of this, we’ll be better than pre fin. Appreciating every single moment of what we once took for granted. Im convinced when it happens it will be like a switch and everything will come back on line. I wish you u the best in finding a low stress job. I dont underestimate how difficult this must feel with having to parachute my career 2 years ago. I replaced that with partime volunteering so there is things you can do. Best of luck mate try to believe better times lie ahead. God is with us and who knows someone might stumble across a cure tomorrow, next week etc. PM me anytime.

3 Likes

Sometimes i really get very severe suicidal thoughts, it get’s very severe. I get thoughts of harming myself. It’s a regret of why did i destroy my beautiful life just becoz of some hair and outer appearance.

Yeah i guess i should find some kind of a teacher job, a school teacher. Just don’t know how to tackle the severe physical weakness.

2 Likes

Cold showers, light weights and walks if you can. Stay away from estrogen foods i believe these worsen the symptoms of muscular, bone stabbing pains degeneration etc . In me they do anyway. Try magnesuim salt baths and avoid carbs a few days per week too. All of which can make this skightly more bearable. Working with children may bring less stress. The suicidal shit is due to low neurosteriods and can hit in waves all of which i know you know…

1 Like

I am just fedup of this pathetic muscle atrophy, my whole body has gone from very fat muscular to someone suffering from AIDS. The weakness is just intolerable and it’s already a year. I cry everyday seeing these muscles. I can’t feel androgens anywhere in my body, hair is not falling too. Why no one even talks about this here? All they care is about sexual function.

1 Like

People have spoken about it, though you are right, sexual problems are regularly discussed, and for some are the only symptoms.

I know that @Dknighten has spoken about losing muscle, both on here and in our video.

I’m really sorry to hear that your doctor was so dismissive. It is terrible that there is so little acknowledgement of these problems and unfortunately it falls to the community to keep chipping away at the problem.

There is a lot said about science and experiments, but really one of the most important things we can do is let people know that this is happening.

1 Like

Thanks…

It was all my mistake, kept taking the drug even after knowing about pfs. Just never thought i would get this severe muscle symptoms. Becoz when i was taking the drug, on the days of 1 mg my body would get methylated (pfs), but when next day i took 0.25 mg, my body wen’t back to normal. I kept doing this untill the day i could tolerate the headache and quit 1 mg cold turkey, this was the biggest mistake.

Ya i read posts of @Dknighten, almost same but still his might be better than me. Also he’s able to get some treatment now, can exersice. I can’t even exersice.

Doctors don’t believe in our forum letter, they don’t even show the courtesy to read it, i told him i will mail u a copy, i requested him to read the paper of @awor regarding androgen receptors, he started laughing and said “hahaha, no, no, just send ur father in” and then all that psychiatric talks. I am not from US or Europe so my condition is the most pathetic one.

1 Like

Try to not beat yourself up, nobody here knew what was possible with these drugs, or how likely it was to get side effects.

I don’t know if it’s of any comfort, but I’m in the UK, and my first visit to a doctor was very similar, in that the doctor thought it was all in my head.

The last time I spoke to a doctor about this, she told me that she’d seen someone else with the same problems. So, it’s a good thing that you spoke to the doctor. Once they’ve had 2 or 3 people all reporting the same thing, they will surely have to change their stance.

I am confident that as access to these drugs becomes more common, more people will report these problems and it’ll be impossible to ignore.

In the interim, though this will be of little comfort, try to live the best that you can. Don’t take any 5ar inhibiting drugs or food and participate in this forum and our projects. People will want to support you, but someone will need your support too.

3 Likes