Fasting

Kirra,

Do you know that if not done correctly, or the right symptoms are not listened to, you could cause grave damage to yourself, even death? Personal intuition may lead you astray in this endevour, it’s experience in the matter that leads the way. These places have the experience of fasting thousands of people and have come across every situation that there could possibly be. You may think you have enough info, but clearly from your question about jogging, you have no idea.

Fasting: is a state of complete rest. Digestive rest, neurological rest, physical rest, you completely REST. You don’t go out for a light jog. If anything you are going to make your fast LESS effective by pulling that move. By draining your physical energy you are slowing down or stopping the ability of the body to cleanse itself. That is why you are fasting, TO CLEANSE YOURSELF. Do you understand? I don’t think you get what you are about to attempt. REST.

Joao,

I’ve fasted twice at tanglewoodwellnesscenter.com/ which is where I learned the bulk of my knowledge about fasting and raw food diets.

cdnuts,

You stopped Propecia on 15 June 2007. When did you do the fast that got rid of your speaking side effect, in 2007 as well or later?

Kirra,

You need to relax. I’ve already told you in this same thread that I don’t remember EXACTLY when that specific symptom was resolved. It was not a big deal to me compared to what I was going through at the time. You need to stop focusing on it so much.

I’m 4 days into a fast… and i must agree that i feel more alive then i have since i got pfs.

Are you not eating anything? just drinking water?

CDNuts, where are you at with your recovery and fasting these days?

Sounds like you regained quite a bit of sexual functionality from your initial fasting. Can you update on what you think worked and so on?

Thanks!

Others got the same results by eating a diet that is very easy to digest, such as raw food. Maybe you want to explore that route at the end of your fast.

It should be noted that CDnuts, mentioned he definitely was not 100% recovered after fasting. He said he some improvements, but he still mentioned having problems. I can’t recall exact details, but the point is be realistic with your expectations from fasting. Just because he is not posting, doesn’t mean he is fully recovered.

[Size=4]The intricate interplay among body weight, stress, and the immune response to friend or foe[/size]

[Size=4]Conclusion[/size]

These results imply that in autoimmunity, stress may be beneficial, and that short-term starvation may help reverse disease. In fighting microbial infections, perhaps stress is detrimental and eating is recommended, but in the case of autoimmunity, the opposite holds true: stress is actually good for you, and starvation is helpful. Grandmother’s advice may have to be refined depending on whether the immune system is attacking friend or foe.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC151888/

VERY interesting. I had a weeks release of nearly all symptoms around a month back, it followed a period of very high stress. I made a mental note in the weeks that followed. Now, around 8 days ago I had another period of very high stress, what followed was more release from symptoms and better sleep for a few days. In addition, I feel better when I eat light, or don’t eat. Heavy eating worsens my mental symptoms and eyesight. I don’t appear to have any digestion issues and passing regular stool. Thanks for this post

I have experienced similar. Very interesting indeed, good post Tim. It looks like i will be trying to stress myself out more as well as starve myself occasionally, ha ha.

More evidence for possible autoimmunity means dexamethasone and low dose naltrexone may be useful. Quite a few guys on this board are on low dose naltrexone now. It might be a medication for you au natural brothers to consider as it is considered absolutely harmless.

Great find.

We should try doing a proper fast with those companies that organize to do it in retreats, like CDnuts did.

Do you only drink water while you are fasting? Does anybody know what institutions offer such a “fast monitoring service”?

Do some research on google ‘fast retreats (your country)’ might be a good place to start.

FWIW, i’m copying my comments on a very dry fast that I did earlier this year:

You are a fool not to drink and if you are eating when its dark this is not counted, you must not eat for a 24 hour peroid days on end and drink water. The information you presented is not releviant.

tim1911,
why didn’t you drink? I am not an expert in fasting, but I think dinking is one of the few things (if not the only thing) which is highly needed while fasting.

There’s no one set way of fasting. But since your method is the world’s established norm, then have fun.

The way to suppress the immune system by fasting is to cut off all incoming energy supplies, i have posted another study about this. By feeding yourself at night you are not doing this therefore your fast in regards to suppressing the immune system is invalid, and not to drink water, well you are just going to dehydrate yourself.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5796