Facial collagen loss

Does anyone experience losing collagen from their face over night. I mean literally overnight

I wake to missing strips and its been happening for over a year but becoming more frequent. (Its very unnerving)

Has this happened to anyone else?

I’ve also got dents in my skull, hollowness and creping which I know others have

Just when I think I have reached the bottom of the pit in terms of this horrific condition the ground breaks and I fall deeper into the abyss.

Is there anything this condition DOESN’T ruin?

Also, I’m sorry this is happening to you, and I’d like to think viable therapeutics in the future can restore these sorts of things.

3 Likes

Maybe not overnight but my collagen loss happened quite fast after getting pssd. My face looks like it’s hanging loosely on me. I hate looking at myself in the mirror.

3 Likes

I think it’s lipodystrophy leptin is screwed. It becomes more noticeable the more we lose. I suspect you have loose skin everywhere, weak muscles, thin limbs and neck, feel the cold, bones feel traumatised and insulin issues.

I definitely have those. Of the insulin issues I’m not sure though. I also have muscle spasms in addition to the weakness, do you get those too?

1 Like

Yes I have both but the spasms have dropped off to a degree only to be replaced by the bone and joint inflammation issues which are profound and disabling

1 Like

I could feel it happening yesterday, felt pain in my left cheek and woke up with a new indentation today.

1 Like

it has to be an immune response for tissue to be taken out like that

1 Like