Eyebrows loss with PFS. Why?

Hello Suffermates,

I have to complain about my continious loss of eyebrows since I got PFS over a year ago. They seem to become more sparse, and therefore colorless and ridiculous. At the same time I have worsened androgenic alopecia on scalp hair and strong beard growth.

Please comment here if this happens to you as well, and let me know if you have found out why we have eyebrow thinning with PFS
Thx!

For me, it was due to high Reverse T3, causing hypo-thyroid. Had to improve my adrenal health and take T3 to clear the RT3. I continue to take T3 now.

2 Likes

Mine definitely would have hairs falling out in bunches. They’ve definitely thinned and a buddy of mine who I knew took Fin has basically unnoticeable eyebrows

My eyebrows along with the rest of my body hair thinned after Accutane.

2 Likes

Same but Fin for me
The question is tho, why?

1 Like

Thx @moonman1! Was your RT3 out of range or upper high only?

Jesus! What makes this? Could be that eyebrows are DHT induced?

All of these years I have been thinking Vitamin A, while the ones that took Fin are probably thinking hormones.
There could be an overlap with Finasteride and Retinoids, Ive posted a few studies that could back up this notion. Anti-androgens could have an effect on retinoic acid metabolism.

Strong beard growth is a good sign for pfs recovery I think …

2 Likes

Same happened to me.As i told you…loosing bodyhair, eyebrownes and all my hair on sides and back.Also loosing some hair on my legs

Amen!

P.s.: i definately improved somewhat since crash

yours is more severe it seems, cause I dont have body hair or beard hair loss,
my scalp hair loss now is also limited to temples and crown

Could you send me a picture from your sides and back?

Why?

Different kind of hair, but still pretty interesting.

Retinoic Acid Signaling Mediates Hair Cell Regeneration by Repressing p27 kip and sox2 in Supporting Cells

The retinoic acid (RA) pathway was found to have dramatic regenerative potential in amputated amphibian limbs (Niazi and Saxena, 1978; Maden, 1982; Gudas, 2012) and other organs, such as the heart, spinal cord sensory neurons, lung, and lens (Tsonis et al., 2000; Wong et al., 2006; Stinchcombe and Maden, 2008; Kikuchi et al., 2011).

“Our results demonstrate that RA signaling is a critical trigger of the molecular cascade necessary for hair cell regeneration.”

1 Like

Is it as bad as mine?

Has anyone found a way to stop/reverse this

The point is also that sebocytes are the main regulators of hormones in the skin. A decrease in sebocyte activity leads to a decrease in DHT in the skin.

And as the guy below wrote “a beard is a sign of recovery from PFS”. It is not. Hair follicles have very small androgenic holes. This means that even a negligible amount of DHT is enough for the beard to grow as it did before PFS. When the hair follicles are already stimulated, it is quite difficult to degrade them. Almost zero levels of DHT in the skin are needed.

I had patchy facial hair loss as a side the whole time I was on fin. Started within the first month…a quarter-sized patch on my jaw that took a year to resolve after decreasing the dose. Then gradually both cheeks lost all their hair but by then I wasn’t too concerned because I only kept a goatee that remained unaffected until 2019 when half my moustache fell out. I stopped fin completely then and that took two years to resolve, although the cheek hair grew back within the first year. Once my moustache grew back I resumed fin and within a couple weeks I developed bald patches all over my face so I stopped again. A week later I got PFS. My facial hair grew back but PFS remains.