Extreme fatigue and heavy eyelids

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)? Spain

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?) Google

What is your current age, height, weight? 44, 77 kgs, 1.83 cms

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)? Finasteride

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 1mg/day

What condition was being treated with the drug? hair loss

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)? 8-10 years

Date when you started the drug? 2013

Date when you quit the drug? 2020

Age when you quit? 38

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? cold turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects? one month after quitting

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation? Fatigue all day, lost emotions, lost libido, lost erections, heavy eyelids, poor concentration, poor sleep…

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[x ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[x ] Loss of Morning Erections
[x ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[x ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[x ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[x] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[x ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[x ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[x ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[x ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[x ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? Probiotics, healthy diet, heavy metals quelation, ozone theraphy, betaine

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)? Low progesterone

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

I took Propecia (Finasteride) for about 8-10 years. One pill a day. Sometimes I bought Proscar and I took 1/5 pill a day for the cheaper price.
The first weeks I experienced a loos of libido but some weeks later i was fine.
During all these years taking finasteride i experienced some issues but i didn´t know it was for the pill. I felt fatigue sometimes, i felt loss of libido, loss of erections, heavy eyelids etc.
I decided to quit cold turkey in 2020 and one month later i suffered a crash. I felt fatigued all day, loss of libido 100%, loss of morning wood…
Some months later i realized than i have the post finasteride syndrom. The first year I recovered the libido and erections a little bit. I had ups and downs. The second year with SPF the fatigue went much worse. I feel without energy all day. I get tired walking 15 minutes or going up some stairs.
Actually fatigue is the best issue for me. I have some libido sometimes and also morning erections sometimes.
I have take a lot of supplements these years like vitamin D, probiotics, vitamins, etc with not very good results. I also practice grounding and ketogenic diet.
I would like to know about other people who recovered from fatigue and how they do it.
Sorry for my english, it´s very simple.

My friend, I see many people talking about lack of libido here on the forum, many talking about psychological problems, but physical problems seem to be less frequent, although they exist. I took finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto and minoxidil, at different times, but for a few years. During these years I felt weakness at many times, but it was bearable, I went and came back with the medications many times, but there came a time when I was not well and I decided to stop. I had the crash 2 months ago, since then, I don’t have strength anymore, I lost muscle, my heart hurts when I exert myself, my tiredness comes and goes, I wake up in the morning VERY weak and it gets better and worse throughout the day. I’m not doing physical activity anymore, because I can’t stand it. I always went to the gym, from 19 to 31 training, I never had any problems, but now it’s impossible. My muscles went SOFT and my skin sagging. I only saw one guy who said he improved from these symptoms and he can’t say what caused the improvement… he took 3 pills and said that within 1 year his strength returned.

Your story is similar to mine. But I have hope for the future. I know some people than get cured from fatigue within the years. It takes time but we will recover soon or later.

1 Like