Extreme Anxiety and Finasteride

I have post Finasteride syndrome from Topical Minoxidil. I’m 18 and crashed on Minoxidil. For nearly a year my dick has barely functioned at the age of 18.

NEVER touch Finasteride again. There is no such thing as a topical treatment, everything goes systemic.

reporting after a few days. I feel even worse, anxiety is unbearable and I am barely managing. It’s the same shit like the last time I quit fin. I am definitely not trying topical finasteride, in fact, I am staying the fuck away from this drug. I need some hope that this will be a shorter recovery that the last time because the anxiety is insane.

Anxiety is making me crawl out of skin. I can’t barely function without Xanax. I hope it will get better like it did the last time. I don’t want to live this.

Is there anyone who can comfort me somehow? I am a horrible mess, thinking about suicide every day. I just can’t live like this.

I was totally like you… Severe depression and suicidal thoughts all day. Almost finished in hospital. I’m much better now and can normally function. Do you have somebody to talk to or even cry?

1 Like

I’m so sorry to read of what you’re going through @Opus. Please have a read of this

Mental side effects vs physical side effects

2 Likes

Xanax probably isn’t making things better.

It’s the only thing keeping me alive. Nothing else helps with anxiety. It’s vile and vicious, makes me crawl out of my skin, curl and hide in a bed.

try bacopa for anxiety its supposed to help with gaba

I have an amazing partner who understands me and who I can cry to.

One thing that actually helps me is NAC. High doses dissolved in water.

Reporting after 3 days. Not much change. I still feel horrible, but I incorporated some light jogging every day into my routine.

I’d try lowering carbs or possibly going keto diet (since it’s increasing gaba, lowering Glutamate) and I’ll also add l theanine, also promotes relaxing.

Benzos will eventually desentisize your receptor, And your anxiety might get worse.

I use both L-theanine and NAC but I want to be clear - I don’t have anxiety like “Everything is more difficult”. I have anxiety on steroids, like brutal anxiety that does not respond well to treatment - I literally had to spend some days in bed sleeping and crying. No theanine is going to work on that. So now I am using trazodone plus pregabalin. In a week, it will be almost two months since I took just two doses of this drug (after previously taking it 2 years). I am hoping by third month I will see at least some improvement. This is no way to live.

Drug induced anxiety is the fucking worse. I had that for months after quitting ssri’s. But remember tradozone is an ssris, it is endocrine distrupter in itself. I’d advise you to go keto- it has proved to increase gaba levels.

I know you feel strong about SSRIs, because they damaged your health, but trazodone is actually SARI (serotonine antagonist and reuptake inhibitor). I am only using it because the last time I had anxiety from finasteride (I was foolish enough to take it twice, once for 2 years, second time just two doses), it helped me get throught it.

You can do a quick search here on the forum regarding tradozone. A guy who got damaged by it killed himself a year ago. I personally know a guy who is so cognitively damaged by tradozone (he took low dose, also thought it will be safer) he can’t even draw a clock anymore, has severe anhedonia, etc.

I feel you regarding chemical anxiety man. it’s so powerful you want to peel your skin off and blow your brain’s out. but trust me when I say psych meds are as equally endcorine distrupters as finasteride, as they inhibit hormones aswell. I know your suffering, but tradozone is a temporary patch that can make your situation 50x times worse. I hope you’d consider keto, and in worst case scenario you maybe should look into z drug class, which are dangerous too but atleast I’ve never heard about a person getting obliterated by them. Good luck man, wish you all health.

Two trazadone pills destroyed me and brought on new permanent sides.

I am so sorry about your situation and I am hoping it will improve in the future.

But I am literally crawling out of my skin. Without meds I would be crying all day in my bed. But I have to work, I have mentally demanding job and some really important deadlines to meet. I am buying an apartment, I have to choose doors, floors, bathroom equipment and work together with a project manager. I can’t do all of this having super extreme anxiety. I am hoping it will improve, since last time I took finasteride I got better in three months. Now I am almost two months in.

I am not really into keto, since I am a vegetarian.

1 Like

It seems DHT increases gaba in the brain?