Extreme Anxiety and Finasteride

I’d try lowering carbs or possibly going keto diet (since it’s increasing gaba, lowering Glutamate) and I’ll also add l theanine, also promotes relaxing.

Benzos will eventually desentisize your receptor, And your anxiety might get worse.

I use both L-theanine and NAC but I want to be clear - I don’t have anxiety like “Everything is more difficult”. I have anxiety on steroids, like brutal anxiety that does not respond well to treatment - I literally had to spend some days in bed sleeping and crying. No theanine is going to work on that. So now I am using trazodone plus pregabalin. In a week, it will be almost two months since I took just two doses of this drug (after previously taking it 2 years). I am hoping by third month I will see at least some improvement. This is no way to live.

Drug induced anxiety is the fucking worse. I had that for months after quitting ssri’s. But remember tradozone is an ssris, it is endocrine distrupter in itself. I’d advise you to go keto- it has proved to increase gaba levels.

I know you feel strong about SSRIs, because they damaged your health, but trazodone is actually SARI (serotonine antagonist and reuptake inhibitor). I am only using it because the last time I had anxiety from finasteride (I was foolish enough to take it twice, once for 2 years, second time just two doses), it helped me get throught it.

You can do a quick search here on the forum regarding tradozone. A guy who got damaged by it killed himself a year ago. I personally know a guy who is so cognitively damaged by tradozone (he took low dose, also thought it will be safer) he can’t even draw a clock anymore, has severe anhedonia, etc.

I feel you regarding chemical anxiety man. it’s so powerful you want to peel your skin off and blow your brain’s out. but trust me when I say psych meds are as equally endcorine distrupters as finasteride, as they inhibit hormones aswell. I know your suffering, but tradozone is a temporary patch that can make your situation 50x times worse. I hope you’d consider keto, and in worst case scenario you maybe should look into z drug class, which are dangerous too but atleast I’ve never heard about a person getting obliterated by them. Good luck man, wish you all health.

Two trazadone pills destroyed me and brought on new permanent sides.

I am so sorry about your situation and I am hoping it will improve in the future.

But I am literally crawling out of my skin. Without meds I would be crying all day in my bed. But I have to work, I have mentally demanding job and some really important deadlines to meet. I am buying an apartment, I have to choose doors, floors, bathroom equipment and work together with a project manager. I can’t do all of this having super extreme anxiety. I am hoping it will improve, since last time I took finasteride I got better in three months. Now I am almost two months in.

I am not really into keto, since I am a vegetarian.

1 Like

It seems DHT increases gaba in the brain?

a little update after 2 months. I started jogging and I am trying to reduce the intake of sugar in order to be healthier. Maybe I am recovering slowly. Objectively, I feel better but I still have a lot of goddamn anxiety. I feel a little hopeless. Life is passing by and I feel like a shell of my former self. I want to recovery to come faster :frowning:

I had the worst anxiety and mental crash after quitting 3 months ago. The first two months were hell on earth, struggled big time. The 3rd month, I saw a lot of improvements and now I rarely experience anxiety other than some déréalisation thoughts sometimes.

I still have ongoing heart palpitations, but they have gotten better.

I am gladly you recovered and are still going better!

On the other hand, my psychiatrist said that although he believes my anxiety could be caused by finasteride, he feels like it is rather unlikely it can stick two months after cessation. He said that the finasteride has to be outside of my body know so there is no way it can cause harm for that long.

It’s depressing.

Jesus it is weird. I had 2-3 weeks of normal functioning and improvement in erection quality and overall being and this week im anxious. Still above baseline but it is not great (im nearly 3 months off). Could you tell me if ups and downs are to be expected during recovery?

Reporting after 6 days since my last post. I am very slowly getting better. Each day my mind is a little bit closer to my old self. Some days I wake up fine, others with intense anxiety. I guess I am not as deep in depression as I was a month ago. Pregabalin plus a very little dose of Xanax makes my days and time at work bearable. I am also jogging every day. I hope I will recover in the coming months. It sucks because I literally feel I have done a huge mistake restarting finasteride, I could have done much bigger damage that I already did, and man I damaged myself a lot. I feel guilty a lot, despite not being convinced finasteride was the thing that gave me anxiety before when I restarted it.

Reporting after month and half. Things are improving, but my anxiety still sucks. I am using trazodone and pregabaline which help a lot. I am hoping I will make a full recovery as I did before. It’s been three and half months since I took finasteride and I guess I qualify for PFS now. It’s really scary what could have happened to me. I will never stop advocating against this drug. Even worse, I developed a rare skin condition called cutis verticis gyrata, thankfully very mild. I stopped using minoxidil and stopped dermarolling and my scalp skin drastically improved, although I am afraid it will forever have an appearence of folds.

1 Like

Hey ,I’m 21 yo and I have exactly what you have . I took 1mg fin and 0.5mg dut every day for 7 months, I started feeling anxious 6 months in but like U, I refused to believe it was fin and dut. At 7 months I decided to quit it finally. Like u my only real symptom is severe, sometimes crippling anxiety for literally no reason . Maybe a small amount of sexual sides but nothing too abnormal.it been 3.5 months off and I’ve noticed some patterns. I get better over two weeks, then I get very bloated and indigestion, the next few days my anxiety returns, and slowly reduces until another two weeks.Each time my anxiety returns it is slightly better each time. Originally I took propanolol but know my anxiety is a bit better and I’ve stopped taking it. I would advise never returning to this stuff. Before fin my biggest fear was going bald but post fin I realise there are much worse things in life than a bald head, If anything , it motivates me to make enough money to afford a hair transplant lol. Nevertheless it is reassuring to hear I’m not the only one going through this and that u said u mostly recovered in 9 months (which is really long but I thought I might be like this forever).i just finished uni and want to get into the working world but the timing of this is so unfortunate and my life is just at an unemployed standstill .worst part is that my family think I’m using this as excuse to be lazy it really sucks. Anyway, wishing u the best of luck in ur recovery.

1 Like