Exploring Timelines: Post-Finasteride Syndrome Onset Experiences

Seeking insights from individuals who also have post-finasteride syndrome. Specifically, I am interested in understanding the duration between discontinuing finasteride and the onset of symptoms. In my case, some symptoms have emerged 6-8 months after stopping Finasteride. While I maintain optimism for improvement over time, I recognize the importance of a realistic perspective, acknowledging that the full extent of this condition may not have manifested yet.

Took finasteride 1mg for about 2-3 weeks in March 2020. Noticed decreased erectile function and loss of libido immediately.
Over that year I also developed severe anhedonia and flat emotions but they seem to have creeped in slower. Might also be because the first year I was still “used to” being very active and ambitious and continued this on auto pilot until I realised the anhedonia and loss of emotions.

Hasn’t changed since.

1 Like

Onset of symptoms within a week on stopping fin. My worst crash occurred approximately 4 months after stopping and after the point I improved over time from there.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, have any other symptoms emerged 12 months after discontinuing use?

Not really. It’s been the same baseline ever since. The first two years are the hardest mentally because you still have to find acceptance/coping strategies for the new life. Symptoms are basically the same but coping strategies improve.

To elaborate, I have structurally tried many things but none helped.

• 1.5 years of low dose hCG (300-400IU eod)
  • Mesterolone (proviron) 200mg per day for 6 weeks
  • DHT cream high dose for 10 weeks, tested blood DHT increased to triple the upper limit of normal
  • Testosterone enanthate 200-300mg per week for 8 weeks
  • hCG 1200IU/week + testosterone 150mg/week + estrogen valerate 6mg/week for 3 weeks
  • hCG 1200IU/week + test 150mg/week + primobolan 200mg/week for 8 weeks
  • PCT with tamoxifen 20mg/day and 10mg/day for 4 weeks
  • High intensity resistance training for 1.5 years
  • 5k runs eod (ran 5k in 21 minutes)
  • AIP diet for 2 months (this is very hard to maintain, many things you can’t eat)
  • Gluten free diet for 6 months

Nothing even budged my symptoms. I was able to put on more muscle while on testosterone, but it did nothing to libido, mental symptoms or sensitivity loss.
I’m still lean and athletic/muscular, have always been. Have also always eaten healthy, lots of vegetables and fruits.

I personally believe structurally donating to research each month is the best thing we can do. Even a small amount each month can make a difference. Remember to do it each month, however bad you feel, make your money work for you. Or set up a recurring donation.

3 Likes

A week after I took my last pill I noticed the first symptoms. They gradually got worse before they got better. I got better after 3 months and then I had my worst crash so far. I am now almost 5 months after stopping and I’m still getting new symptoms…

This.

1 Like

Hello -

Long time forum member (under a different username in 2010 / 2011.)

Have made a lot of progress over the years, but still have an amount of brain fog on which I haven’t been able to make significant progress. Hormones stabilized years ago, and based on symptom longevity, feel taking a risk with hormone supplementation based on a theory I proposed a while back is reasonable.

If anyone is able to help me find a source for Proviron, please message me. I’m US-based and it’s not available here.

Thanks,

2 Likes