Experiences with HDAC inhibitors?

Since my PFS journey started, i’ve talked some times with my doctor about all this. He has believed me since the start but he has no idea what to do. The last months have been difficult for me, because my depression has gotten worse, and he is willing to prescribe me whatever i think can be useful to improve my symptoms.
The only thing that comes to my mind that i would risk to try, given the direction of the current research is an HDAC inhibitor. I’m also worried that everything i’ve tried until now has only worsened my state, that’s why i would be interested in hearing experiences of people who has tried this type of drugs.

can you explain your reasoning behind taking this?

Awor once gave an hypothesis on why some people had improved by using HDAC inhibitors:

“Even though not proven yet, it is plausible that methylation of some regulatory genes is involved in the root cause of our problem. It thus would make a lot of sense, that inhibiting HDAC’s by means of the above substances could improve the situation. HDAC’s, by ihibiting deacetylation, cause acetylation of the chromaticn structure, thereby activating the gene and exposing it to demthyltransferase enzymes (which in turn can remove “excess” methyl groups).”

Here’s one viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7439

Valporic Acid is a powerful HDAC Inhibitor: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC125788/

bam! ghb is a potent hdac inhibitor. who knew.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19427877

Awor viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5076&p=36416&#p36416

Instead of GHB (Gamma Hydroxy Butyrate) which also has significant safety concerns and is hard to get, why not try the “Other” butyrate (Sodium Butyrate). Its also a known HDAC Inhibitor and is very potent when taken in combination with Artiminisin and an good Omega 3-6-9 blend oil. Check out more details in the thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7529

“…In the case of cancer, Butyrate is what is known as a Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor. Fancy term, but the bottom line is it regulates cell division indirectly by regulating histones. Histones are the main proteins of chromatin which in turn regulate how DNA is copied. There are at least five of them and they change the shape of the DNA and make it either accessible or not. This in turn depends in part on butyrate as butyrate inhibits one of the enzymes responsible for modifying the Histones. That enzyme causes the histones to change shape and in turn allows the DNA to open up to be read by other proteins which in turn convert those instructions from the DNA to new proteins and other things. Regulating this process is what you want if you are trying to stop cancer…”

fasting breaks down the body’s own fat into ketone bodies, one of which is Beta Hydroxy Butyrate. i think we’re onto something here…

Any other experiences with HDAC Inhibitors? Compiling some important research…

Any updates for 2019?

best natural hdac inhibitor which reversed cancer in prostate cells is sulforaphane, at a human equivalent of 100-140g of brocolli sprouts, it also eliminated 60% of benzene from lungs of ex-smokers in a single dose

also i see you guys talking about butyrate, it is one of the acids produced by kefir, i recommend curcumin kefir which increases curcumin bio by 15x

curcumin is also a DNMTi so you have multiple pathways covered + probiotics