Experiences of any gay guys suffering from PFS?

I know PFS affects everyone equally whether gay or straight or bi. However as a gay guy suffering from PFS I’d be interested in finding out about how any guys in a similar situation are coping, and how this has affected your dating/relationships and social lives. Please do PM me if you would like to chat.

I’m 35 and live in East Midlands of the UK. I’ve been affected since July 2015, and I have mainly sexual symptoms, but been having some gradual improvements since then.

2 Likes

Of course, so M. could imagine what were possible effects…I guess…

They already know, they don’t need to imagine :laughing: :neutral_face:

Hey UK82

I think this post is from 2016?
Anyway I’m reaching out.
I’m also a gay guy suffering PFS, 4 years since going off the drug and still having crashes and side effects.

Wondering how you are going now?
Would love to connect but don’t know how to PM from here…

Nick

2 Likes

Hi mate, thanks for getting in contact. I will defo PM you.

I am also gay. I would think there should be a lot of us here because we tend to be more vain therefore more likely to be stupid enough to take finasteride.

I know what you mean, but I guess I took finasteride because I just wanted to be normal and I thought no one would be attracted to me if I’m bald. I used to blame my self for taking the drug but I’ve forgiven myself over time. I think gay guys have extra pressure to look good, but that’s increasingly true amongst straight guys and rates of eating disorders and body dsymorphia are rising amongst men in general.

2 Likes