Expected Baylor & BWH studies publish date

Last I heard the Baylor study was expected to be published the first quarter of 2016 & the BWH study was expected to be published in late 2015, which means within the next month or two.

Has anybody else heard any different? These things infamously get pushed back further & further the closer you get to them…

Harvard not until spring or summer I think, but reallly Baylor and Italy are the ones we most care about. I spoke with Khera recently on the phone. He still has to see the control group. Honestly I think it would be a miracle for his study to come out in 2016. I am hoping that he can communicate some preliminary data to the foundation before then if he suspects anything.

I think this because Khera is a busy full time doctor. Research is really secondary for him. The foundation was lucky to get him, but he really doesn’t have the time to study PFS full time. He is well known throughout Houston so as much as we want him just for us, it just isn’t possible. Folks have to be patient.

He told me it would be published in the second quarter of 2016 when I last spoke to him but I think he is being optimistic. It’s moving extremely slowly but at least the studies are being done.

Ouch!

Yeah I’m not sure the best play with all this. We all probably have a two year wait until the final study comes out. I encourage people to continue reaching out to researchers to spread the word and possibly be interested in joining the cause or reaching out to those currently studying finasteride to add to our knowledge.

I don’t know what the situation is with further studies but we just need to participate when they do come around. Our lives are passing us by and these studies are already extremely slow. At the moment our only play is to be patient.

I have reached a point where I am just trying to ‘forget’ about the studies and just accept they won’t be with us in the very near future and that an immediate treatment is not likely.

Perhaps a good idea cement. Try to live a healthy life and be happy. I’ve had bad days when I wasn’t sick and I’ve had good days since I became sick. When I’m better ill still have problems but It’s great to know that these studies offer hope. It is a very slow process and realistically it will be a few years.

Do we know if either of these studies will be released this year ?

As of April 2016, both were set be be published by the end of 2016.

However, both have been postponed 3-4 times already - so there is no reason to believe that the timetable above will be achieved. Expect another delay.

Do you know why they were postponed ?

Can anyone tell me what we might be able to look forward to in terms of next steps in finding treatments after these studies are concluded? I am just curious what there is to look forward to.

Might the studies basically just validate our claim that PFS is real, but primarily only do that? Or might they in themselves be able to give us leads on how to approach treatment already?

If anyone has a sense of what theoretical timeframe lies ahead in terms of finding ways to start curing people, I would very much appreciate hearing your insights.

Because they are researchers and these projects are always notorious for delays. The Foundation is not happy about it, but its out of their hands.

We won’t fully know until we know the results. Odds are they will lead to more studies or possibly some time of intervention trial. A few research teams have already contacted the Foundation wanting to test certain drugs to treat PFS, but its best to wait till these studies are published and we all know more in detail.

Any sense at all when some of these experimental treatments might conceivably become accessible (in the case of new research medications/chemicals)or at least somewhat defined (in the case of treatments that put together things that are already available) so we could replicate them ourselves? It seems like it could be 20 years or something before we get anything out the other end of the pipeline in terms of official medical solutions. By that point I won’t have any use for my dick anymore anyway!

Hi moonman1, how do you know this?

One of the most uplifting things I’ve heard these months.

I run a non-profit and was considering a request to direct a separate NPO for PFS. I spoke with the Foundation about this and this was part of our convo.

Do you have an idea what type of drugs they are ?

If we knew we could “test” these drugs our selves.

I ve written to Khera yestarday, in order to know, plus over the date of the publication, his methods and which kind of things are they investigating…

To be honest, i didn’t hear nothing about how he managed the patients, which exams they did… so, is there someone here who joyned the research?

Kheras study still needs 6 control subjects to complete.

They are using people who volunteer for it who are getting circumcisions.

If you know anyone nearby who can help might be worth contacting them.