Exercise reduces anxiety/depression; hospitals encouraging patients to exercise

Today’s Washington Post just published this. Does not reference PFS but exercise greatly benefits other traumatic diseases, so it definitely should apply to PFS.

(Briefly, I’ll add that I exercise one hour per day. As discussed in my other posts, I’ve 1000% recovered from worst-case scenario PFS except profound sleep dysfunction. Intense exercise significantly relieves that.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/a-young-cancer-patient-found-an-exercise-bike-helped-him-endure-chemotherapy-now-he-wants-others-to-have-the-same-chance/2020/02/28/aa878772-42c3-11ea-b503-2b077c436617_story.html

Here are screenshots of most of article:

1 Like

exercise increases endorphins that help the immune system too.

1 Like

I have a family member that is s medical professional, has beaten cancer x2 and is a international cancer advocate that has told me that PFS symptoms are indeed similar damage to post chemo patients . The daily workout regime and strict diet ( keto) have been a life changer for me. I want to mention that swimming can and has stopped crashes for me.

2 Likes

Idk about you guys but exercising gives me somewhat of a crash. Fatigue becomes worse the days after and my leg muscles are chronically tight. I can exercise fine in the moment but it’s like my body can’t properly recover from the exercise

2 Likes

If I get hot from any activity I swell enormously worse and that night and next morning my head feels like it will explode…Splitting headaches.

I had to run 3 miles to break a sweat before pfs If I even tried that now i would probably have to go to the emergency room.

1 Like

The first clue I had what became called PFS was complete exhaustion whenever I went to a gym to work out. Was not gaining muscle. Was gaining fat weight.