Exercise and sleep relationship

Hello, does anyone know what’s the correlation to sleep and exercise? Majority of medical literature seems to support that exercise promotes quality sleep. I on the other hand, sleep terribly on days I exercise versus days I don’t. It’s literally the difference between waking up at 2 or 3 AM and going back to sleep shortly after that or being up for 2 plus hour straight before going back to sleep.

It might depend on what time of day you exercise. Exercising too close to going to bed is not great for quality sleep, I hear.

1 Like

Thanks brother. I too have heard of this correlation which is why I try to exercise when I wake up. I try to run around 0630 or 0700 to avoid working out late but that doesn’t seem to matter. Funny thing, when I work out, I sometimes feel worse in the day but oddly more resilient. It’s a strange combination.

It could be that PFSers don’t bounce back as quickly from exertion. It could also be that you need to take a day off exercise every now and then – it is possible to overtrain.

I use an oura ring, which has an indicator called “readiness”. I use it to get a sense for how hard I can go during my workouts. I will sometimes do a lighter exercise or skip it altogether if ‘readiness’ drops beneath a certain point.

1 Like

Could be. Not sure if anyone else experiences this problem with exercise. I remember feeling great after runs pre-fin but not after finasteride.

PFS fucks with so many body functions… it takes me a long time to start sweating when I exercise for instance.

Yeah bro, it’s nuts. My muscles are jacked up also. They still get tight and twitch daily.