Eusinophilia - SPF Autoinmune disease ?

Suffer the post finasteride syndrome and in my final analysis detected me eusinophilis.
This will be related to the syndrome? , and suggest that it is an autoimmune disease?

How high are they?
Mine whent high when I got PFS.

10,3% limits: 1,0 - 5,0%

0,8 /ul x10^3 limit: 0,5 /ul x10^3

I had two episodes of blood in the wc of my anus.
And i have to do a parasits analizes because my doctor say its posible.

How are you now?

The same. My IGE is high too. Could be some sign immune system is malfunctioning.

1 Like

If you guys think it is autoimmune then why dont you try immunospressants like predisone, Methotrexate etc.
Statins cause the same sides effects as Saw palmetto, Propecia do and sides effects continue years after stopping stains, maybe Statins and propecia side effects are the same, who knows. This all happens because Statins create antibodies. Please read the whole article

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4386794/
Clinical course and treatment of anti-HMGCR antibody–associated necrotizing autoimmune myopathy

We examined a cohort of Australian patients with statin exposure who developed a necrotizing autoimmune myopathy (NAM) associated with a novel autoantibody against 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase (HMGCR) and describe the clinical and therapeutic challenges of managing these patients and an optimal therapeutic strategy.
However, muscle biopsies of some of our patients done months to years after the onset of proximal weakness still demonstrated an active necrotizing myopathy. Furthermore, patients had significant clinical weakness and an active myopathic EMG up to 11 years after statin cessation, as demonstrated by case 5 (table). Mammen et al.10 demonstrated that muscle expression of HMGCR is upregulated not only with statin exposure but also in regenerating muscle cells compared to resting myocytes

All patients were initially treated with high-dose steroids and subsequently with varying regimens of other immunosuppressive agents, including IVIg (n = 5), plasmapheresis (n = 2), and additional therapy including methotrexate (n = 6), cyclophosphamide (n = 2), rituximab (n = 2), azathioprine (n = 1), and cyclosporine (n = 1). Despite therapy, 5/6 patients had a relapse, with between 0 and 3 relapses per patient after a mean of 4.5 years of follow-up (range 1.5–11 years). There was a total of 10 relapses in the 6 patients, with 9/10 relapses being associated with steroid tapering or cessation. All 6 patients were steroid-responsive, with 5 relapsing upon weaning of steroids. The relapse in case 3 was so severe that diaphragmatic weakness ensued and supported ventilation was required. Cessation of statin therapy alone did not result in improvement, with most patients demonstrating myopathic features for periods ranging from 6 months to 11 years after cessation despite the institution of immunosuppressive therapy.

Guys I know this is an old thread. I wonder if anyone has tried Rituximab for PFS?
Please share your input.

Why do you want Rituximab?
To wipe CD20 alloreactive Bcells?
If PFS is an autoimmune disease dependent of antibody production could work. But nobody would prescribe that i suspect

By the way, you registered in 2009.
How is your current condition?
I would love to hear your case after such long time

All signs point to it not being the case.

3 Likes

Will disagree with you on this and so will many members. But it doesn’t really matter however we get a cure I’m happy with.

2 Likes

If people around here were car mechanics when someone said their car wouldn’t go anywhere the mechanics would all start furiously googling and insist on replacing the tyres, checking the oil gauge, painting any rusted parts. Someone would insist it was because the radio wasn’t turned on.

In the meantime a qualified mechanic would announce that there was no power in the car and that it was probably the battery at fault. There is a battery shop next door.

The mechanics would return to Google and then insist that the headlights don’t work because the bulbs are broken and would experiment trying to install floodlights, house lights, a bulb from a streetlamp they stole.

Years pass.

The mechanics are back to looking at the tyres.

4 Likes

I’ve already expressed why to some MoDS privately . I’ve had some of the top “mechanics” in the world. Like I said it’s besides the point. I’m just saying myself and many members would disagree with you. Not that anything is wrong with that, hopefully one of us is right is all I care about

2 Likes

because many think that PFS is something like CFS and Rituximab is being used for Autoimmune issues. Also Accutane sufferers are trying Rituximab with mixed experiences. For example https://forums.phoenixrising.me/forums/rituximab-news-and-research.71/

I am not as bad as I was in 2009 but I am not recovered. Vit D is like a steroid for me.
It gives me energy and makes me feel better but but it does not cure me. There is something that eats you from inside, like a flash eating bug. How can you explain you feel better, stronger, your stomach reduces in size, your appetite is better, you feel close to normal and then something launches from inside and reverses all of your improvements and you go back to square one.

1 Like