Etifoxine

Why are you looking at urine? All that matters is local levels in CNS. That’s where what matter is synthesized, behind blood brain barrier. For all I know, urine/blood and CNS levels could be negatively (inversely) correlated.

Yup,

Well for starters we don’t have the ability to find a group of us to go get their CNS levels tested. I mean its not available in the clinical setting. Apparently Melchangi did test peoples Allopregnanolone and 3a-diol CNS levels independently from his neurosteriod study

I want to know if there is anything to what we are seeing in the ZRT urine analysis of PFS people with the urine levels . I’m going to post the bunch I already have . But it appears ZRT has the accreditation to trust the results. And there is clear reference ranges on their lab reports. And clearly we have 5 PFS guys with flagged high Allopregnanolone and 3a-diol in their urine

I want to know what this means. We know that what’s in the urine generally speaking is what the body is getting rid of right ? Waste …

So yea your right I want to know if this is important and how it correlates with the CNS levels

I will try look at this urine stuff, but seems the first step would be to find out what correlation if any between urine and CSF levels. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were negatively correlated. Deficit in brain might trigger compensatory high in serum, in vain, basically.

In any case, we should try this protocol for increasing Allo in brain to see if addresses our sexual dysfunction. No need to wonder about theory when just test result.

1 Like

This is more or less what I have in mind as well that high in urine while low in the CSF. But from here I’m wondering why In PFS is it high in the urine and low in the CSF. So if we have 5 PFS people with high Allopregnanolone in urine which we currently do and then if 5 non PFS guys do not have high Allopregnanolone in their urine then there may be a reason for this . Especially if PFS also have low Allopregnanolone in the CNS which according to Melchangi’s study this is the case probable

There could be NO correlation between urine and CNS levels.

We would need someone who tested their urine through ZRT and came back high to have spinal fluid taken

My goal is to reach the ten person goal . I’ll be at 7 soon . If I have ten people with high urine Allopregnanolone I’m going to try sending it to
Melchangi. To see if it would encourage him to do a study comparing urine and CNS Allopregnanolone of PFS group VS control

I don’t think urine and CNS Allopregnanolone levels are the same . My theory is that we are getting rid of (peeing out) high amounts of if due to an imbalance of some sort . Point being if it’s high in the urine it’s not the case that our production of it is low like many think. It can’t be high in the bodies waste if it’s not being produced via its pathway

Progesterone to 5a-DHP via 5AR
5a-DHP to Allopregnanolone via 3a-HSD

So ok we are producing it but it’s low in the CNS and high in the urine. Why ? Does a non PFS person have high amounts of Allopregnanolone in the urine and low amounts of it in the CNS? And if a non PFS person is not peeing out all their Allopregnanolone then why are we ?

I’ll post all the ZRT lab results soon . I wish I could just link the dam thread from the other forum that I already organized it all in. I have to do the work twice . Annoying

This isn’t a thread about Melcangi and urine tests so I think we should get back to OT. However, if you would like to investigate idea of inferring meaning from urine tests then perhaps a reasonable starting point would be to go through the citations in this paper (1) to see what types of testing established studies have used and (2j to learn about the rationale behind, which is something papers generally report https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7240001/

We are unqualified and do not have the backgrounds to figure out what PFS is by ourselves, though. Not in a million years. If the effort that has been expended here barking up wrong tree trying to figure out PFS on our own had instead been put toward getting word out and research started then we would be 15 years closer to recovery.

I think it’s relevant. U r saying to increase Allopregnanolone and it’s flagged high in 5 people although not necessarily in their CNS

Sorry if you don’t like it but reality is reality
Good luck

What? I suggested looking at what correlation is if any between serum and urine levels of Allo.

Or just try this “protocol”.

It’s impossible to know what the correlation is until we have more info/studies specific to PFS. No amount of study reading regarding general info as it pertains to correlation between urine and CNS Allopregnanolone levels will tell us. But based on all the available info we currently have it does not appear to be low in the context of our bodies stopped producing it. I’m simply saying to anyone trying a protocol specifically for the purpose of increasing Allopregnanolone to keep this in mind . That’s all I’m saying . I’m not saying to not try it . Just a be advised type of thing

1 Like

Just to chime in, Allopregnanolone seems to be excretioned through both urine and feces.

So it might just be that the people with high urine allopregnanolone have a lower concentration in feces. So in theory they might be high or low, in total.

Thank you for trying out new (possible) treatments and sharing this with us. Finding 1,4-Butanediol should be the easy part, i think you can get it from ebay. Even if this protocol doesn’t work, that’s another angle we can rule out. Please keep us updated if you try it.

1 Like

Interesting

We will need an equal amount of non PFS people to get the urine ZRT test to have a better idea if high Allopregnanolone and 3a-diol in the urine is exclusive to PFS people

In my opinion if we end up with 7-10 PFS people with high Allopregnanolone and 3a-diol in the urine and 7-10 non people that don’t have high Allopregnanolone and 3a-diol in the urine then I think this is important

Same thing with high T and DHT in the urine . If it’s exclusive to PFS people I don’t think it should be ignored

Please create thread for urine test topic

1 Like

Don’t see any on eBay and probably not safe source anyway

A little off topic but what about microdosing shrooms? I was going to try them but I could not find any here in Turkey and then forget about them. On reddit there is a huge group where people cured many issues with microdosing shrooms. Mainly depression. But also migraines, anxiety, psychological issues etc. It seems to fix something in the brain for many people.

Just mentioning because we talk about GHB.

The internet is full of excitement for and stories about seductive magical cures for everything. I prefer to stick with things that actually have direct scientific basis for addressing our condition.

I have been doing this for a while and can attest to this: it does seem to work for the mental side of things.

I have to do it . I’m going to create the thread and post everyone’s results. I’m just so busy and it’s so much work so it’s taking me a while to make time for it

Have you seen the new straight Allopregnanolone product being sold from the lab that was selling 5a-DHP? I haven’t read the whole ray peat Allopregnanolone product trials thread yet because I have been really busy with other non PFS stuff. But that’s what you are trying to do right ? Increase Alleopreg?

2 Likes

ordered today, will test soon.

1 Like