English Post-Finasteride Syndrome Wiki Artical is online!!!

Hey, I finaly created the eng. wiki artical about PFS. Thanks a loot to Alle the guys who helped me so much with translation. Now, the fight will start to keep it online, but all sources are valid. Please, help me on the diskussion, when it starts and trust me it will start soon! But this is also a way, we can say what we want to say. So, please help with this artical, im very sorry, that its not written, like i would love to do. It´s is written for the wikipedia lemma… so, please dont start do edit this artical to much, cause this can lead to a delet. The german artical and the dutch artical, translated by blunted were able to survive the delet diskussion. So they are now and stay online on wikipedia.

Excellent job brainbug. And thanks blunted and everyone else who helped. Looks great.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-Finasteride_Syndrome

Great work. PFS is not widely acknowledged yet, so it was hard to get it on wikipedia. But the prensentation of the evidence in that article is well done. My compliments!

There are some little things (punctutation, wording) that could still be improved, but nothing important. I’m just a grammar Nazi :smiley:

Thanks! Like I said, its… a shitty artical and dont show the full truth, but those silly lemmas of wiki are limitig extremly, so please keep an eye on it. If you guys see mistakes, please help.

If you like, please translate it also in other languages, but please try to translate it as good as possible, this has only something to do with the silly lemma.

This is excellent! There is no chance that it could be removed (by merck lawyers) is there?

Fantastic work Brainbug and others involved in making this happen. Hats off to you, this is a major accomplishment in generating awareness of PFS.

When will we know if the article has been permanently “accepted” by Wikipedia and is no longer subject to debates/rejection by the editors?

Do the editors send you (Brainbug) an email to let you know the article will stay on Wikipedia for good?

Just wondering when we can reference the topic as a news item on Propeciahelp.com – I don’t want to post a link to the article on Wikipedia, and then find out it’s been removed by Wikipedia editors 2 days later.

Thanks for your efforts.

They will try, we dont know where merck has their reps… as we have seen on youtube video rating.
But, evething has a vaild Reference. Even the term, so please take part of the diskussion, when it will start, sadly some links like the examiner.com are on wiki blacklist. but ok this has nothing to do with the science background of this Problem.

So we are many here, the more take part on this… I´will try to add it also to finasterid

great great great work!!! So happy it highlights other non-sexual side effects!! I think there is a general misconception in the media that maybe these PFS guys are just not happy with their sex lives or that its easy to claim loss of sex drive to put together a law suit. More and more researchers and doctors interested need to hear about the full range of effects to better optomize a treatment plan…and hopefully a cure. Great job!

Nice job bb!

Hey mew, thank you also for your help!
Well, this is hard to say, sadly i can not edit the Finasterid artical, but i will add the things there to the diskussion. I think as soon as this happens, they will start to attack the artical.
they will try to find everything that are posible to delete it. such a diskussen take one week. As soon as it start, i will have an eye on it. And Post here as soon as the first puts a delet on it.

As soon as it starts i need your help, my english is not the best for arguin in english. Whatyou can do it read about the Lemma of wikipedia for quotes and medicine. Please wait a bit. They hardly tryed to delet it in german. So I think they will much harder try in english, cause this will kick Mercks ass! Tehy will say we try to establish a term… its not knowen, that this is caused by fin bla bla the most important studie, for the term PFS is the first one. For All, who dont have it:
Here a short abstract:

Clinical analysis in young patient with persistent sexual
dysfunctions after finasteride assumption to prevent male pattern hair loss

Trombetta C.1, Mazzon G.1, Liguori G.1, Ollandini G.1, Cauci S.2,
Toffoli G.3, Erika E.4

1Università Degli Studi Di Trieste, Dept. of Clinical Urology, Trieste, Italy, 2Università Degli Studi Di Udine, Dept. of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, Udine, Italy, 3CRO, Dept. of Pharmacogenetics Research, Aviano, Italy, 4CRO, Dept. of Pharmacology, Aviano, Italy

INTRODUCTION & OBJECTIVES:
Finasteride is commonly used to treat male pattern hair loss (MPHL). The effectiveness of the drug has been demonstrated in a number of studies. Finasteride has been associated with reversible adverse sexual side effects in multiple randomized, controlled trials. The mentioned side effects are described as reversible. However in literature a lot of case of persistent sexual adverse symptoms are signaled. The persistence of symptoms after discontinuation is named Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS). We sought to characterize the types and duration of persistent sexual side effects in otherwise healthy men who took finasteride for MPHL.

MATERIAL & METHODS:
We enrolled in a retrospective study 78 patients affected by PFS who reported the new onset of sexual side effects associated with the temporal use of finasteride, in which the symptoms persisted for at least 3 months despite the discontinuation of finasteride. Of all patients were collected hormonal blood analysis, moreover to all the patients were dispensed ASEX and AMS questionnaires before and after finasteride use. The blood analysis need to have been performed not longer than 9 months before entering the study and after 3 months of abstinence from any exogenous hormonal/antidepressive/antipsychotic treatments or anabolic androgenic steroids. Moreover, all patients with other diseases were excluded.

RESULTS:
Patients were aged 24-56. ASEX evaluated before and after finasteride assumption had a mean decreasing of 13,84 (P<0.05). No statistically significant differences were observed in relation to the duration of therapy or to the age of assumption. 60% of patients reported that their symptoms worsened after discontinuation of the drug.

CONCLUSIONS:
The finasteride used in young males should determine a potential risk for sexual health, physicians treating MPHL should evaluate the potential risk of persistent sexual side effects associated with finasteride arresearch.

Thanks All! But lets wait and see, as I said, If you want to help and tell something to this, get an wiki account and help with the diskussion. You can also say there more things, that are not in the artical, keep that in mind. If we were able to keep it on wiki, this will be a hughe steep, even many doctors have a look there and no one could ever say again we are just crasy and only got ed from this poison.

Than we can say… have a look on wikipedia! So please help to keep it on. This is very important.

Funny how authoritative Wikipedia is to people. Im printing and bringing to my doctor just to back my argument up.

Are the people seeking to delete it actual Wikipedia admins or can they be anybody? Ala Merck?

Great work Brainbug. Just wanted to voice my appreciation.

ok, i speeded it up a lil bit by writing something in the fin discussin and it worked. After two hours the first idiot added a delet discussion, with no vaild reason. He need to check the ref´s otherwise we get his as because of vandalisem lol.

diskussion is here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: … e_Syndrome

So now you guys can help!

here are some infos about this.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: … f_articles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: … o_deletion

Ok I posted a follow-up to your comment.

thanks a lot, ah that were you cool! please use the signature button at the on of the text. it´s the pen sympol 3th from the left.

If this goes through can we then add a link to the PFS page in the regular “finasteride” Wikipedia article?

Nice job Brainbug and others. Glad you got some FDA sources in there like this one. Dont think they can delete this page when FDA has documented such “sexual adverse events”.