Effect of Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) partially inhibited by finasteride - Theory

If anything my libido got worse due to the symptoms quoted above.

Yes i have smoked pot, and no it didn’t feel similar, the opposite to generalize.
PEA is an endocannabinoid, but, it does not bind with the CB receptors (1,2).

I was wrong about the nystatin reducing levels of anandamide AEA, it is an uptake inhibitor, along with prog.(whatever we worked out there). So maybe there is a connection there.
If you are unemployed and dont care how you feel for a couple of days you should trying running PEA with nystatin. What do you think?

Yep I’ll try this combination (with oral amphotericin B, not nystatin) but will also try to asess both independently. I need to take amph B for its antifungal properties first and foremost (I do have iatrogenic intestinal candida overgrowth, oral thrush and fungal dermatitis - fore sure now - thanks to my long antibiotic course for prostatitis) and want to see if this alone wont improve my PFS symptoms. And I wont take this before I’ve done a cycle of anavar (a mild steroid helpful to rebuild damaged tendons by quinolones) + a PCT which may suppress my immune system and cause a flare up of the prostatitis + fungal symptoms.

I’m trying to buy some but having problems with the site and paying.

Does it say “payment rejected, signature mismatch”? Be careful , even though it said so they sent me an email saying transaction complete, payment accepted… They do have issues with foreign orders I think

Yeah thats what it says. I’ve emailed them.

I’m surprised about the brainfog as the literature doesn’t suggest it causes that.

I forgot to say about the fatigue, it really nailed me, it doesnt seem right.

I may try with nystatin (if i can get it) which in theory would bring my AEA levels up, perhaps throw some progesterone in there.

That could be a fun little experiment for someone, trying nystatin and preg together.

pilutary have a hole in this when i used clomid 3 months ago i made a fulkl recovery for 1 week and after go worst than before

high cortisol fuck the nervous system research in google … cortisol and the nervous… relationship…

This makes alot of sense with theory i am running with at the moment.
But please keep this thread on topic, it does have direct link to finasteride.

Reminds me how are you fellas going on the Normast (Dutch candy).

Good luck Tim. It’s awesome to see you trying different things that compliment your theories.

I’ve been following this thread silently and want to see where it goes.

any update?

BUMP

I tried it again with paracetamol, increases a anandamide, because i thought we may have been low on that (anandamide). But same result, bad fog and a headache.
I would like to know how the others got on, if they have tried it.

Tim, you were touching on some interesting stuff here. I think you were originally wrong in the interpretation of AEA and Nystatin, but the important part was you found the link between the two. Nystatin inhibits the uptake of AEA, which raises it over-all levels, but AEA is beneficial in this sense when taking with PEA.

Both have proven effects on Multiple Sclerosis and Pudendal Nueropathy. Considering that 12/12 PFSers have been diagnosed with Pudendal Nueropathy, this is a pretty big connection.

1. Other compounds that inhibit uptake of AEA and raise its overall levels (exactly what Nystatin does) reduce nero-inflammation and reduce de-myelination.

2. PEA is a potent anti-inflammtory in the CNS and is used in Pudendal Neuropathy. A study found that it increases the transmission of signals in patients that originally had delayed signals due to Pudendal Neuropathy.

Protocol
-Nystatin
-PEA

You can get PEA at bodybuilding.com no need to buy the brand name versions from Europe. Many guys have noticed improved penile sensation with Nystatin. With the emerging Pudendal Neuropathy and possible demyelination this seems like too much of a coincidence than to not take another shot at testing.

Still wondering how/where possible low levels of Allopregnenolone fit in with this.

I have tried normast (PEA) on two occassions. First time i took it i took 2 tablets and found it did increase brain fog and drop mood. However the second time i tried it i increased the dose and had better sleep and felt overall a little better after i woke up.

I think its becoming clear the interaction between neurosteroids and androgens and their receptors are where the issues lie. It would be interesting to see what other users experience of this drug is. It increases allopregnanolone in some areas of the brain and should help potentially with pudendal neuropathy syndromes.

I’ve run out of tablets so will have to procure more. I don’t think its a cure but i think we should make a note of what effects it does have.

What dose did you take to see improvement?

1 Like

Any update? Anyone else have positive experiences with this?

1 Like

I just got a bottle of this by AOR brand. Am I playing with fire by trying this out?

I’m about to try PEA to see if it helps with mast cell issues ive been having since getting pssd. Anyone have a bad experience with PEA?

2 Likes

Does anyone has any updates on this topic, it has been years…
@Mercked @tim1911 @191 @bluejaysfan @moonman1

@john099 @pokertje

Sorry for the delay. From what I remember I’ve had a very mixed experience with this that I think is due to the short half-life of allopregnanolone. At low doses, it provides remarkable but temporary joint pain relief.

When I took enough of it at a time to appreciably stimulate allo production, a few hours later when it sets in I’d feel calm, relaxed, and an considerable increase in libido, but that is only short lived and is followed by a temporary rebound effect of anxiety and sleep disruption. Can’t say I am impelled to try this again.

1 Like