Effect of Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) partially inhibited by finasteride - Theory

way over my head :stuck_out_tongue: bump.

Yep, mine to. Keep the research up Tim1911.

PALMITOYLETHANOLAMIDE, AN ENDOGENOUS PPAR-ALPHA AGONIST, MODULATES NEUROSTEROIDS DE NOVO SYNTHESIS

fedoa.unina.it/4090/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------->

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19531592

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FGF21#Function

=====================================================================
[Size=4]Fasting Upregulates PPARalpha Target Genes in Brain and Influences Pituitary Hormone Expression in a PPARalpha Dependent Manner.[/size]

[Size=4]Abstract[/size]

PPARalpha is a lipid-activable transcription factor that mediates the adaptive response to fasting. Recent data indicate an important role of brain PPARalpha in physiological functions. However, it has not yet been shown whether PPARalpha in brain can be activated in the fasting state. Here we demonstrate that fasting of rats increased mRNA concentrations of typical PPARalpha target genes implicated in beta-oxidation of fatty acids (acyl-CoA oxidase, carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1, medium chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase) and ketogenesis (mitochondrial 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA synthase) in pituitary gland and partially also in frontal cortex and diencephalon compared to nonfasted animals. These data strongly indicate that fasting activates PPARalpha in brain and pituitary gland. Furthermore, pituitary prolactin and luteinizing hormone-beta mRNA concentrations were increased upon fasting in wild-type mice but not in mice lacking PPARalpha. For proopiomelanocortin and thyrotropin-beta, genotype-specific differences in pituitary mRNA concentrations were observed. Thus, PPARalpha seems to be involved in transcriptional regulation of pituitary hormones.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20011657

[Size=4]Receptor a Messenger Ribonucleic Acid and Protein in
Human and Rat Testis[/size]

endo.endojournals.org/content/140/7/2968.full.pdf

I have started taking normast. Will keep forum posted, good or bad.

Sweet, good luck!!!

Tim, did you order both the powder and pills? I see they recommend powder first then the 600mg tablets… to 300mg.

Looks to be about $100 to get one powder pack and one 600mg shipped to Canada.

I’m interested in the algonerv cream, as well. Might help with my pesky eczema.

I hope this stuff helps!

I have started on the powder, will go to the tablets. Has not helped so far, 1 day in.

painkillernormast.com/slide-view/how-to-use/

Start with Normast sachets*, twice daily for ten days.
After ten days switch to Normast tablets 600 mg, twice daily** for 40 days.
After 40 days, please evaluate whether you experience less pain.
If you feel improvement (decreased pain): switch from Normast 600 mg to Normast 300 mg tablets twice daily**
If you don’t feel improvement: please stop using Normast.

• Normast sachets contain a tasteless powder. Put it under your tongue and let it dissolve slowly.
    ** You can take Normast tablets 600 mg / 300 mg during or in between mealtime.

I might order some 600mg tablets in the coming future. Its meant be helpful for chronic pelvic pain.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11374613
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20345619

Normast has increased my hairloss, there is actually some falling out now. Also I woke up this morning with a raging boner after having a dream about sex, the first time for a long time any of those two have happened.

BUT it has increased my brain fog (didnt think that was possible) and i am a bit more fatigued.

Im not sure what to do.

Take a day off and maybe try a quarter packet a day?

Be careful and willing to drop it if the brain fog gets worse… Hope it clears up!

Agreed with bluejaysfan. Try giving it a break and starting at a much lower dose in a couple days.

Interesting!

Has the hair loss gone to a pre fin like rate of loss?
Hows your sleep?
It may take your body a while to acclimatise to it. Reduce the dose i think and work up again.

My sleep has been way better, i used to wake up 3-4 times per night. Was sleeping right through.

Hairloss was not like pre fin, but it was getting there.

So yeah i have come off it and i will have a couple of days off then i will start at a lower dose.

Can someone help me out here? I may have made a mistake earlier on.

It was said in a study i posted earlier that nystatin + progesterone “reduced the uptake of anandamide”

Does this mean that due to the reduced uptake of anandamide, levels would be increased, simlar to what a ssri works.

Any update on your use of normast?

Had to drop it, even at a small dose made me worse, pretty pissed off about it.

Conclusion :

I think we have a liver problem.

Just the brain fog or everything got worse? If this increases allo it should increase neurogenesis not hurt it. Could also be a herx reaction that is temporary.

Felt dizzy, lost a bit of co-ordination/body control, i felt “toxic”.

I will try again in a week or two because it looked so damn promising. But like that
(under the influence) i basically could not work

So the worsening only concerns the brainfog, not the sexual aspects of PFS? How did these change (or not) with normast?
I’m unemployed, just ordered some, will try it and try to stand through the increased brain fog if it happens…
Normast being an inhibitor of mast cells, it is an immunosuppressant in a way… So maybe the brain fog is because of this?
Also lets not forget PEA is an endocannabinoid… Have you ever smoked pot before and did the “brain fog” feel similar?