ED from accutane*

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)? Hong Kong

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?) Google

What is your current age, height, weight? 18y/175cm/60kg

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)? isotretinoin/Accutane

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 10mg/day

What condition was being treated with the drug?acne

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)? 5 months

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug? 2020/12

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit? 2021/05

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? cold turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects? 2 months

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
1.ED
2.No sex drive
3.pennis numbness

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? no

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?no

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?no

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Hello everyone, I am 18 years old
I have taken 10MG/Day Isotretinoin from 2020/12
When I ate for a month or two, I found that my erection got worse
But I think it’s because I stayed up all night and worked hard, and then I continued to eat
By the third month, my erection was weak and unpleasant, my glans was numb, and I had no sexual desire.
In the fifth month, I finally decided to stop the drug, this time is 05/2021
I recovered my erectile function at about 2021/09 (can exceed the horizontal line and have enough hardness), and about 60% of libido, the sensitivity of the glans has recovered slightly, but I feel that my brain is not connected with my penis, and I can feel it To the pleasure, but my brain is not excited, everyone thinks how to solve it, thank you!

1 Like

Hi @cok07310,

Welcome to our forum! I am sorry this is happening to you. Many of us can relate to your problems.

Unfortunately, there is currently no solution for your issues. I wish there was. The good news is that you have quit only a few months ago and have already experienced improvements. Many people report improvements up until a year or two after quitting. So, there is a good chance that your condition will improve further.

Please make sure to report your side effects to your authorities. We need to make them aware that this medication is dangerous.

Good luck!

Sorry to hear what happened to you. The brain the penis lack of connection seems to be very prevalent in all of our syndromes (PFS, PAS and PSSD).

Since it’s been more than 3 months since you quit, it would be great if you could take the time to fill out the survey. I think more Accutane sufferers data are urgently needed.

And as @Northern_Star said, you’re still quite early and many people continue improving for quite some time.

2 Likes

Your daily dose was probably the lowest possible and 5 months is relatively short period. So I hope you’ll be fine soon. Have you tried any supplements to get better?

It’s been three years and I still have symptoms of low libido and lack of motivation to do things, similar to anhedonia, but I still masturbate two to three times a day, haha

I spent thousands of dollars trying many supplements with little to no success and have given up.

In fact, I think low libido is related to the brain. There is nothing wrong with my sexual organs. The numbness of the glans is related to sexual arousal.

I only tried WELLBUTRIN 200MG for 3 months, but it had no effect, and my doctor didn’t believe in this disease. After that, she even wanted to prescribe SSRI to me, so I didn’t go to the hospital for the second time.

I can buy Cyproheptadine at the drugstore, but it is also ineffective and just makes me sleepy.

Hi man,

Unfortunate we’re all in this position.

A lot of us here have started regular donations to the PFS Network.

Give it some thought: https://pfsnetwork.org/donate

Our lives are all going by, right?

1 Like