Dutasteride Case PFS

Can anyone explain to me why with Dutasteride there are no cases of PFS but only with Finasteride-Proscar? Yet it inhibits enzyme 1-2 of 5alpha-reductase, yet there are no cases, and it is more powerful.

Because apparently, dutasteride is neuroprotective, while fin is not. Finasteride can cause damage to the dopamine pathways, which can certainly cause problems with ed, lack of focus, energy etc.

1 Like

There have been lots of cases here, and adr rates in literature review are similar.

1 Like

There are cases. I was actually on dut the last year or so I was taking something. I typically say PFS just because it’s more common for people to know what that is.

Some theories say that the super long half life of dut makes for a much “gentler” return of DHT, etc which helps with not causing our issues. Whether that’s true or not is anyone’s guess.

1 Like

My first crash was with Propecia in the year 2000. When I had prostate issues and got put on Jalyn (Dutasteride) in 2014 I crashed with that as well. I noticed it because my drive had improved some over the 14 years since propecia. It got bad again. This time I developed gynecomastia and brain fog. So, either people crash with it as well, or I’m just the unluckiest person in the world.

Hey @axolotl if you have time could you point me towards sources that indicate similar ADR’s for dutasteride and finasteride? Hope you’re doing ok.