Dutasteride and no PFS

Overall, 41% incidences of PFS symptoms were reported with finasteride alone and none with dutasteride alone. Use of a FAERS database demonstrated that there were no persistent sexual side effects reported over a 3.5 year period associated with the use of dutasteride alone. Although the FAERS has limitations such as self-reported data, our findings suggest that dutasteride is not associated with PFS.

As i am on finasteride currently and am afraid of PFS, i am thinking of going on dut. I think it could be that only deactivating one isomer or 5-ar (as accutane and finasteride do) somehow leads to a sudden downregulation of the currently working isomer when DHT comes back online. So, to avoid permanent sides, you can either taper the fin and somehow slowly reintroduce DHT before going off it, or you can switch to Dut to shut down both enzymes and avoid the sea-saw of downregulation when you go off it. Anyone have thoughts on this theory?

I’ve seen a few reports of guys who used finasteride without any major issues but then had huge problems when using Dutasteride. I don’t think using Dutasteride would be the right way to go.

I would not go on Dut at all, it is 3-4 times more potent then Fin and is more commonly prescribed to men who suffer from urinary retention as a result of enlarged prostate which could explain why we see these skewed numbers. The men using dut are treating a condition more serious than hairloss and are most likely elder men who’s t levels are already low.

2 Likes

kjb, the reason why there’s no dut report is because very few people use dut at all

as others have said dut is just stronger fin than propecia is, please save yourself and don’t eat the poison

Which reports? I think this happened to me…

I think this is all speculation tbh… I wouldn’t mess with something stronger than finasteride.

I asked my dermatologist (one who prescribed me finasteride) what she thought of Dutasteride, she said she wouldn’t be opposed to prescribing it .

So glad I didn’t follow that one up!!

I dmed you? What were their stories?