Drug Interaction Poll [Finasteride , SSRI , Accutane , Other] + Comment

Instructions:
I’d like each person to vote on the drugs they’ve used, if you haven’t taken the main three drugs listed, please select other, if you’ve taken more than one [Other] drug not listed, please hit [Other mixed].

• Finasteride
  • Accutane
  • SSRI’s
  • Any two drugs
  • All three drugs
  • Other
  • Other mixed

0 voters

I’m not sure if this has been done before but please leave a comment if you’ve taken MULTIPLE of these drugs, for example [Accutane + SSRI’s] and so on.

Please tell me if you saw an Increase | Decrease | No Effect with your symthoms.

If these are a similar or the same condition, I’m interested to hear from everyone, how things have been, with me [Devolution] both SSRI’s & Accutane have affected me individually, my condition was greatly worsened by the use of accutane.

Thanks everyone in advance :heart:

1 Like

I pick the wrong answer in the poll, can it be changed? I meant to choose “any two drugs”.
Anyway, I fist took accutane and a few years later I took a SSRI (Paroxetine) and some side effects got worse, and some a bit better.

1 Like

Yes “hide results” and update your answer

3 Likes

Thank you for commenting, unfortunately i’m not sure how to do that, could an admin @Greek @axolotl possibly be able to make the poll icons viewable for everyone to see so we know exactly who chose what and could you make it so people can change their answer, thanks very much.

Hi there Devolution - liking your new avatar. I’ve had a brief look at your poll. I can’t seem to find a way of changing the poll now that it has been created so as we can see who voted for what. I believe that I could change the html but when I click on this nothing happens. This very query was raised in 2015 (courtesy of Google) and there was no fix for it then apart from re-writing the code, although this maybe different now. I tried creating a poll myself and there was an option there to check if you wanted to see who voted for what, but I appreciate that the horse has since bolted.

1 Like

I have a history of taking anti-depressants prior to finasteride, although I don’t remember the timelines.

I took the anti-depressant anafranil (clomipramine - tricyclic) first, then one briefly that I had to get my bloods taken for.

No side effects that I remember apart from a dry mouth and weight gain.

I was on the SSRI prozac (fluoxetine), followed by the SSRI paroxetine (seroxat). I believe that it was whilst I was on the latter that I started to experience difficulty reaching orgasm.

Through all this I started finasteride (I was probably on paroxetine at the time).

The only side I experienced on finasteride was prematurely aged skin and other skin complaints (eczema and seborrheic dermatitis)

I stopped paroxetine not long after stopping finasteride and subsequently developed a new batch of side effects.

I was subsequently prescribed an SNRI venlafaxine and either this, time, or a combination of both has greatly improved my mood. I am currently still on the SNRI although at a reduced dose. It is difficult to disentangle some of my symptoms because of this, and my history with both finasteride and SSRIs.

2 Likes

2013 - soy protein isolate (got mild PFS)
2015 - licorice root extract (PFS got way worse)
2016 - milk thistle (severe PFS)

So many things had to happen so precise to end up like me in 2016.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting Scotsman. No worries about the other stuff it’s not too important anyhow.

Your story sound’s extremely like mine, sertraline made it hard for me to reach orgasm, I never associated it with the drug until I took accutane and everything else went bad.

That’s really good to hear your mood has increased, I certainly hope it doesn’t cause side effects once you discontinue the drug but if you feel good I’d presume you’ll be fine. I wonder if SNRI’s react different to SSRI’s then :thinking: I’m still eager to try bupropion myself, not sure what class it’s under but I still have to wait till the psychiatrist I talked to today mentions it to the other team I’m seeing. They denied it last time but since she thinks it’s mainly physical, I don’t see why they won’t.

@Invictus Thanks for sharing, it’s interesting how you’ve taken other none perscription drugs or suppliments but still ended up just as bad, definitely looking good for the AR theory.

1 Like

6 months of Regaine, at the end noticed when I have sex more than once in a row, my legs were getting flu-like pain for 15 min after that, then I took Saw Palmetto for only 2.5 day, on the second day got completely fucked…

so regaine fucked you ? shiit, but i will take it anyway. because i value my hair.

Christ. There must be so many things that can give people ”PFS”. Makes me scared to take any supplement ever again.

Minox/Regaine/Rogaine is a mild anti androgen. You don’t want to take anti androgens with pfs.

i dont want to get bald because i took the wrong hair loss drug (finasteride) . no way

no its not right. dont worry.

That’s how most of us ended up here, because of our hair. As long as you are aware that like finasteride, there are also risks associated with taking regaine. Since the skin on my face has been damaged by finasteride I did a lot of googling about this initially. I came across testimonies of guys who claim that regaine aged their faces and that it impacts collagen production. Google minoxidil skin. I just wish that I’d heard about such side effects myself before I found myself in this position with regards finasteride.

No medication is without risk, but we now unfortunately know that we rarely know the true picture of what a drug could do to you and it is probably advisory to do some research beyond current labelling, especially if a drug is relatively new on the market. I’m always an advocate for informed consent, and that you are at least aware of such risks if you take this medication.

3 Likes

Bro, you should value your health, not your hair! I know many bald guys banging more bitches than the ones with hair! Your hair won’t give you new girlfriend if you don’t know how to comunicate with them! What is the point having hair and not being able to get it up, or like in mine case having flu-lile pain in my legs and those popping joints, despite that my dick is working fine, I am fucked in other way and I can not make any plans for my future because it is almost imposible to cope with the life like that! So IMO, stay away from those hairloss products, accept yourself the way you are and live your life, because you won’t be able to enjoy enen the smallest things if you get screwed, believe me!

2 Likes

Indeed! The vanity let us down and got us in this situation! I’ve changed the way I am thinking so much now… If I had a time machine I would get back and I would have lived my life way better than I had, before that happened to me! When I think about it now… I was so damn silly being depressed out of such insignificant things in my life!