Dr Mathew Bruhin PFS therapy

Looks like Bruhin is accepting patients with PFS. I believe he also has this condition as well if I’m not mistaken so I’m sure he would be understanding to anyone struggling out there and needs someone to talk to. Looks like he also takes Skype calls as well.

2 Likes

Went on his website and looks like he’s an addiction counselor, not sure what he would do for us that Goldstein isn’t already doing. Not trying to shit on this idea though

1 Like

Goldstein is not a trained counselor or therapist, Bruhin is. A lot of therapists will just think someone with PFS is anxious or depressed. Bruhin and hopefully more therapists in the future will publicly understand and help people with PFS.

Mental health therapy saved my life with PFS/PIS. I recommend every sufferer to go to psychotherapy to work through all the thoughts and feelings that make it worse. It works, you just need the right person.

2 Likes

Could you recover/improve sexual function?

From mental therapy? Not at all. Maybe if your sexual problem was performance anxiety

I had an appointment and made a post about Dr. Bruhin maybe a year ago. He’s a super cool dude and really good to talk to. I haven’t made another appointment only b/c he is on the west coast and it’s kind of tricky scheduling him with my work schedule. He told me his story with PFS and what he’s done to deal with it. I definitely need to make another appointment with him.

1 Like

Did he suggest any kind of treatment protocol for you or say at all what he’s done for himself? I’m surprised if he does have PFS that he’s not active on here

Well some say doing therapy can lead to new neuronal pathways (neuroplasticity) which may activate self healing. I have absolutely no expertise to back this up but I read about a pssd affected woman that did cbt and Lithium and she feels cured now. If I remember correctly she explicitly pointed out that cbt was part of her recovery.

Im starting cbt soon since I’m in a very depressed state. Of course pssd is not just depression but at least in my case the depression because of pssd is real and depression by itself downregulates hormones etc.

I also went to Goldstein and he told me I would need to get into a good mood for his protocol to be (maybe) effective. He cannot guarantee succcess but said it’s essential to get out from depression. Of course that’s much easier said than done when you’re affected by pssd. I wish I just had depression…

Lithium is supposed to stimulate neurogenesis but its not well understood, nor is it well understood whether that helps PFS because we don’t know what’s wrong yet. Still seems more likely to help than hurt, even if the odds may be unlikely.

I Skyped with him about a year ago, he recommended that I find an endocrinologist that would prescribe high doses of HCG. Cool fact is he saved a man attempting to jump off a bridge and commit suicide

2 Likes

Yes, because the mind and body are one, and whatever happens in one affects the other. Working on healing all parts of you is the way to go… it worked for me and I have had PFS/PIS since 1997.

1 Like

You had? Still have?

Yes, my cognition is not good but I do get some relief from sexual problems with clomid or testosterone.

I am a survivor, thanks to good psychotherapy like CBT!

I know this is an old-ish thread, but I wanted to chime in with my personal experience. In the time since I’ve taken fin, I’ve seen several mental health experts and they all seemed to believe me when I said that I had persistent side effects from it. I suspect that some may have been quietly skeptical, but my current counselor 100% believes me. I think it’s because she and her family have all had their own health issues, so she knows how far-from-perfect some doctors can be.

1 Like