DR ALAN JACOBS ONLINE STUDY ON PFS - NEEDS PARTICIPANTS

I got this email from Dr Jacobs office after I inquired for an appointment, I am going to go see him,

We are looking for participants for an on-line research study investigating the psychological effects of Propecia (Finasteride) on men.

To take part in this study we are looking for men who have taken finasteride for male pattern hair loss.

It is our hope that through research we will learn better ways to treat this illness and raise awareness of Post-Finasteride Syndrome among health care providers.

We very interested in trying to find out why some men that take the medication Finasteride for male pattern baldness experience severe psychological side effects including anxiety and depression both while on the medication and even after they stop it for months, even years.

Over the past several years we have seen an alarming increase in the number of patients that experience significant cognitive and psychological symptoms. In an effort to understand why this happens we are collecting information pertaining to these specific problems with the hope that we may determine some associations.

This is an anonymous survey.

You are under no obligation to complete this survey or to answer any of the questions that you do not feel comfortable answering we just ask that you exit the survey and we will delete the incomplete file.

Should you choose to complete the survey please complete the entire survey as skipped questions make it difficult to interpret the data.

If you would like to participate in this research survey please click the enclosed link and follow the prompts. If you choose not to participate in this research survey please delete this email.

surveymonkey.com/s/finasteridepsych

Sincerely,

C. Anne Ganzer, PhD

Is it the same as one: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9538

hmm, I don’t know, they sent it to me, so I posted it here, if it is I am sorry.

It’s fine, just checking so I don’t fill it out again. Maybe more people need to complete it anyway.