Don't know what's going on with me :S

Been off the drug for almost 3 months now…
I felt like i was getting better… was having sex with my gf regularly with 90 percent erections… everything seemed like it was going great… then today i felt like shit when i woke up… I just felt totally out of it…exhausted and irritable… also had a pain in my lower right abdomen (never had it before… could just be something random).

Long story short… I had sex tonight… But it was very very difficult and took a lot of patience from my gf… Even then my erection was only like 80 percent… I lasted about 10 minutes and it felt good… but then i realized i was having sex with a basically non erect penis… God i hate this…
I’ve also noticed my left testicle hangs down way lower than my right… and when i tense my Kegel muscles(i think that’s what they are called) only my right testicle moves up and my left won’t move…can anyone relate to this?

Also… do your sexual symptoms tend to get worse as time progresses or just stay at a stand still… cause im not sure if my testicles are shrinking still after 3 months…

yeah, my testicles sort of function in the same way, I think it also happens to men when they get older. Not sure if there’s anything to do about it now.

Heyder is pretty young so good chance they will go back to normal for him at some point IMO. Dr. Jacobs seems to under the impression that most physical sides should resolve once your hormones go back in order. He always uses the anology of womens breasts that vary in size when their hormones get out of whack. Heyder, try not to stress about that as it won’t be of any help. Just eat healthy, get plenty of rest, see the PFS docs, etc.

haha I used to love girls on their periods when their breasts got swollen! Almost forgot about that. My girlfriend has small ones so I don’t notice it anymore.

Update…
Some more sides have showed up :S
My emotions are literally barely there!
Both my grandad and uncle died this month and I couldn’t even shed a tear… I knew i should be upset but i wasnt! It was so wierd… also ive been really fatigued lately. have a lot of trouble getting out of bed and I ache!.. I’m only 23 but i feel like 30-40. My memory has been acting up too… My short term memory is very flakey :S My libido is still pretty much 0 and my erections come and go but are still hard to achieve and don’t last very long… my testicles have shrunk even more as well :S
I’m pretty freaked out

on a good note though I was out walking around and some teenagers/ young guys tried to pick on me when i was by myself. The one guy was right in my face, but since my emotions and nervous system are all out of wack I didn’t feel anything, I was just neutral to the confrontation lol. He was yelling how “I’m a bitch” and other insults and I just calmy stood there staring at him for 30 seconds then said “Maybe you guys should fuck off” really calmly and they all just looked shocked and left me alone.

I had a few glimpses of feeling again yesterday by the way which im very thankful for, I was starting to forget what it was like to be normal. After an 8km jog and an hour and a half of yoga i felt normal again once i got home (aside from the sexual side effects which never seem to go away )

My emotions have been blunted for awhile… but they came back for 2 days with my libido! I think libido and emotions are linked because they both disapeared and act similar with me… I find that i can feel an emotion coming when something happens but then it just phases out and is hard to keep up… just like my libido and want to have sex… i had sex with my girlfriend and it felt amazing!! like back to normal amazing!! i also felt really potent love for her which never happens since my emotions have been blunted… Anways i started taking

8 drops of iodine in water 2 times a day ( for my thyroid)
10,000 iu of Vitamin D throughout the day ( for hormones)
a capsuel of brewers yeast ( for fun)
and ginseng herb (for fun)

Within the first day i felt my emotions come back! they lasted for 2 days and just tapered off today… but it think its because i didn’t get my second dose of iodine till right now.

I don’t know what happened but whatever happened worked for 2 days! it was soo nice to feel again and make love! I almost forgot what it was like to feel!

I have a feeling it was the Iodine that helped me! I think everyone should try it!

oops… maybe this should be moved to recoveries? i dunno…

I had a brief recovery too last week. Had about 3 days where i was getting bonners just by thinking about it, huge long lasting morning erections. Had about 4 hours where everything was completely normal, no brain fog, i almost cried.

i am now however back to being a blurred out space idiot.

Its times like these i question some theories. Its like you dont see people who are paralysed in wheelchairs jump out of their chair and walk around for a couple of days and then they are back paralysed again.

Easy tiger

It’s the iodine.

Are you saying all our thyroid’s are fucked then? I am losing leg hair which is a sign of thyroid problems.

I think there’s a chance many of our thyroids are problematic. The problem is we don’t exactly know how. When I take iodine I get a good boost for a short while, close to recovery, then over time I get burnt out. It could be that the thyroid slowed because something else in the body is signaling it to or it’s not providing the body with what it needs.

EDIT: People can get a boost from thyroid meds initially but time will tell if the long-term effects hold.

Look at it in a positive way. Your body can be normal again. We just need to know how to keep it there. Thats the problem.

I’ve been on this forum for 3 and a half years now and iodine keeps cropping up as does tyrosine supplementation.

Yeah, me thinks it was the Iodine too.
I am still taking 8 drops twice a day but my emotions have been lost again :frowning:
I was so nice to feel again though :slight_smile:
I’m going to continue taking iodine for 21 days like the bottle says.

I’ve noticed a lot of people’s adrenals are exhausted… I feel mine are as well.
I have to work on them to get them back up to par.

also i have been having nocturnal, spontaneous, and morning erections again… but they are not as hard or pleasureable as they used to be… They are at about 85 percent size and happening quite consistently the past month.

I have gotten morning erections back but they dont feel like they used to…
I can get the odd erection throughout the day aswell… Which is great BUT…
I’ve noticed a bend in my penis… It bends to the left like a banana when its erect … i can straighten it to normal… though… fuck… i made an appointment with my doctor tommorrow…

Test results:
Kidney function is fine
Glucose blood levels are fine
Red blood cell count is fine
Testosterone level was fine: 8-28 were the limits and mine was 19.

I told my family doctor about how I felt proscar did this to me and he said it is a possibility.

-He said I have anxiety because of my emotional bluntness, depersonalization, exhaustion, tight throat feeling, and heart beat… even though i never feel anxiety(nervousness, worry etc…) I still had enough symptoms to be diagnosed in the DSM IV TR (main psychology diagnoses book). He wanted to prescribe me anxiety medication but I said no (Fuck that I’m never trying unnatural medications again lol).

-He went on to tell me that I could be hyping some of these side effects up and causing my own anxiety. (which is true… a lot of it could be… even though I feel my anxiety symptoms are proscar related).

-Also told me to get some excersise for endorphins even though I’m exhausted a lot of the time.

Still no explanation for my libido/ sexual sides/ shrunken testicles/numbness etc…
Hopefully these blood test will tell.
Going in for a few more tests now… Lutineizing hormone and free test are some of them. I’ll post results.

Try to get as many of the recommended tests done as you can. Have you gotten ahold of that doctor in Toronto who has seen PFS patients? The docs are communicating now so he should have access to what treatments have had some degree of success.

I don’t have the cash to fly out there boston :frowning: i’m only 23 years old and basically broke… spent all my money on paramedic school…

my natural recovery is going great so far though…
I take 8 drops of iodine 2 times a day
I take 2 ginseng pills a day (1 at night 1 in the morning)
I take 10 vitamin D tablets (1000iu) throughout the day (sometimes more)
I take 20mg of zinc… 10mg in the morning and 10 at night.

Every few days i’ll take a vitamin B 100 complex and a packet of vitamin C powder in water.

I cut alcohol completely out of my diet and eat very healthy
I cut back on caffiene too big time… I’ll have a coffee once every few days only.

So far I have noticed many improvements in the last few weeks :slight_smile: I’m going to start exercising lightly daily.
Sex with my girl friend even feels almost normal sometimes! Of courses these days come and go, but lately on this regiment I have far more good days!

Outstanding brother :smiley:

Thanks Tim!

So! I just noticed something!
I just hopped out of the shower and I have a rash on my scalp! My scalp has been itchy today.
Is this a good or bad thing? I believe I read somewhere that this is DHT returning to the body?

If this is so then there is definitely hope for everyone because It’s been 4 months off proscar for me. To have DHT return at this point would be inspiring to everyone who has had their DHT messed up from Finasteride!

Anyway, not making any assumptions yet, but I do feel a lot better and have been having a lot more good days consistently.

Note: I decided to try and implement good grammar and punctuations for this post. I will NEVER capitalize proscar or propecia because I hate them with all of my blunted emotions and passion I have left! (which is getting more and more it seems daily).