Don't know what really cause it

So I took topical finasteride which cause my crash, but im also obese 230lb and bmi 31.1 with I guess high cholesterol 235 and high kidney 1.6levels. My question could this be the reason for my ED instead of finestride?

Do lots of people that are obese have ED?

What does your doctor say?

When did the ED begin? Does it coincide with weight gain or your crash?

If you really think your problems are weight related, then perhaps you ought to focus on that.

It’s pretty much impossible for people here to judge but the vast majority of people here know their problems were caused by the drug they were prescribed, not weight.

2 Likes

You mentioned in your member story that ED began 3 days after initiating finasteride. Sounds like a compelling reason to point the finger at finasteride.

Statin drugs for cholesterol are also linked with ED, but so is atheriosclerosis from high cholesterol.

It’s tough, but you don’t have anything to lose from trying to optimize your health despite possibly having PFS.

2 Likes

That’s what my doctor I belive think, personally I believe it’s finestride.

1 Like

My ED started after two weeks off finestride, and I crash then

1 Like

My mistake. It said your symptoms began after 3 days of using finasteride and I assumed ED was one of them.

Crashing is another sign of PFS.

You also mentioned somewhat of a challenge/dechallenge with symptoms coinciding with sporadic finasteride use until they stuck with you after stopping the last time.

And there are still many medical professionals who have never heard of PFS or are reluctant to accept the evidence. It’s not a surprise your doctor is leaning toward high cholesterol as a cause.

3 Likes

Losing the weight won’t hurt, but it probably is because of finasteride. But yeah high cholesterol is just not good in general