Don't just leave

I always wondered about all the users who never post. I hear numbers in the thousands.

Could you invite the people from your french Facebook group to join us here? It would be beneficial for all for us to assemble in one place and take part in the survey, etc.

As mentioned, you could use the French language section of the forum but we have a translation service on all posts (click the globe button) meaning anyone can take part anywhere.

1 Like

I could try. From what I understood, some of them are lurkers, but the language barrier is a problem. From what I read on the French private FB group, some people are familiar with the forum. I have seen few French posts on the French section. I could try to reach out to one the guys who posted a message a while ago.

1 Like

Please do, at least ask them to take our survey. :slight_smile:

Could they take the survey in French or English?
You know damn Frenchies and languages ;).

1 Like

You might want to consider moving that whole group here, en français. This would have a few advantages:

1. facebook groups are not indexed on Google, we are. When someone has a problem, the person will usually first try to find some answers on Google, not facebook. In other words, it is easier to find this place than some facebook group.
  2. You can structure your content better. facebook is not designed for forum style conversations.
  3. Most importantly, we do not profile you like facebook does. If you participate in a facebook group, facebook will pick up on this and will add those signals to the profile they keep of you behind the scenes. If you are concerned about your privacy, using facebook to discuss sensitive topics of this nature is a very bad idea. You have no idea what they will do with the information they collect about you, and your medical problem. facebook is a business that collects and sells data. We are not.

As a foreign language user, you might have noticed the little globe symbol at the bottom of each post. Click it, and it will show you a translation of the post. This makes it easier for non-English speakers to follow conversations in this community.

3 Likes

@awor just pm you.

1 Like

@awor’s advice on Facbeook is very good. Propeciahelp is a platform by patients, for patients. We want to fix our collective medical problem.

Facebook hoard your data and do all sorts with it.

Take a look at The Creepy Line documentary.

Dangerous.

2 Likes

Good thread Greek.

I’ve never had a facebook page but it appears there are many post drug victim groups on there. Have we here indexed all of the finasteride/accutane/ssri groups on facebook? It may be worth having a presence on facebook as “propeciahelp” and messaging each group to try to convince them to sign up here.

1 Like

Word!

People have expressed concerns regarding our survey and 23andMe initiatives, meanwhile we have absolutley no incentive to betray anyone’s privacy. Facebook does.

3 Likes

Hi there,

I’m maybe one of these persons you are menctioning in your post. In fact, you may remind me since we talked almost 1 year ago…

I’m David, and as you can see in my posts, I crashed really heavy on 2015… Since then, luckily I recovered myself 100% in april 2016 more or less and I lived a fucking amazing live until july 2018… (I had ups and downs thougt in those 2 years).
Then in july 2018 I crashed again, and again quite heavy… Not as bad as 2015 but almost. And luckily again, I recovered myself about september/october 2018. I recovered myself again, maybe this time I wasn’t recovered as much as the firste time… I mean, I was really good, had normal sex, normal erections, energy etc… But my sleep was not 100% fine, my libido sometimes wasn’t as high as is use to be… But generally I was fine. Sorry dude for not update all this to give you hope and energy to keep fighting this fucking sheet… But I guess you just want to keep going and get rid of all this nightmare…
I’ve been good actually, since 2 weeks ago again… :frowning: This time is diferent though, it has not been a big crash… Sexually I’m OK, can have erections and sex, but my libido isn’t high… Then my sleep is quite bad, energy bad… Feeling really strange again, really tired all day… My hair suddenly start to fall down as much as ever (since I quite finasterie in 2014 and had the crash, I’ve kept a head full of hair…)… Don’t know if this is still related with PFS, but I’m feeling really strange actually again… Anyway, I wanted to say that I recovered again from las crash in 2018, there’s hope… Now im not in my best but hopefully get better again… Anything I can help I’ll do guys…
Best regards.

5 Likes

Very happy you came back to tell us - thank you David! :slight_smile:

Did you take anything or do anything/any lifestyle changes even that you feel contributed to your recovery? Looks like some lengthy up-and-downs, but if I get to that same stage myself I’ll be very happy. I’m sure you’ll bounce back yet again of course.

Again, thanks for coming back to us! Get well soon!

Don’t need to say thx mate, in fact I’ve been quite silly just forgetting everyone here while i’ve been recovered…sorry about that.
First time, in 2015 the only thing I did was take Dogmatil to control my anxiety at the beggining. I took it for 3 or 4 months… I also took a natural pills for liver detox that my endo gave me (vito best liver detox) and basically is what I did… didnt follow diets or any other protocols… whit this and above all time, I recovered.

For the ups and downs and for the second crash last summer I didnt do anything… my body recovered by itself… I would like to help you more with some protocol but I didnt follow… after I got recovered again, went to an endo that i already went rhe forst crash and tried to improve mi diet, low the stress and so on… but now i’m fucked up again (not as bad as last crash) but as I said cant sleep, no energy, not enjoyng anything…etc but this time sexually didnt suffer any side… just the libido maybe but I can have normal sex and erections …
I’ll update you guys if any change or any question u have…

1 Like

Do you have an idea why you crashed again?

1 Like

I am wondering about people who used to have a lot of activity in the forum some years ago: bluecloud87, Second Amendment, thetigershull, boston332, xptriado, etc.

Hopefully things got better for them.

In my case I left for almost three years mainly because mentally I was feeling well and my body wasn’t worsening, I didn’t want to come back and remember some things. I wasn’t recovered at all, but l was living an acceptable life and that was ok for me, despite the limitations. Until my last crash.

Someone here posted some months back that he’d been in contact with him. Apparently he’s recovered but for whatever reason won’t respond to requests to update us here. How likely or true that is, I don’t know.

I’m sure that some will have signed up with a burner email address and some will have email notifications switched off but everyone was emailed when we launched the survey. Why they haven’t participated is anyone’s guess but their absence is part of why I created this topic.

1 Like

Wow, he was a very severe case if I remember well.

Well I looked for his facebook account to talk to him via messenger.
He seems to be back on tracks and seems to have a girlfriend and getting back to a kind of normality after the hell he went through.
I can understand his staying away from the forum though.
Being early in my crash, the extensive reading of the forum has put me in a state of catatonia ( dunno if this is listed in fin sides :laughing:), I would have liked to exchange with this veteran… The more I progress in this hell, the more I tell myself I just have to get ready to be shovelling shit for the next year…

1 Like

Good attitude.

1 Like

Easier said than done though… The suicide ideation can take a hard toll on me and it is my greatest fear as I live alone to do something stupid in those first difficult months.