Does PSSD/PFS/PAS makes us more prone to cancer?

It’s been a year since getting PSSD and I already have prediabetes, hyperaldosteronism, pseudo cushing’s, hypothyroidism, estrogen dominance, menstrual irregularities, hyperprolactinemia etccc and I just wonder if all of this hormonal issues can make us more prone to diseases like cancer? Have there been any cases of people with our condition developing cancer?

1 Like

I’m aware of two of us having testicular cance me being one… I’m convinced finasteride caused it

1 Like

The right thing to do here is to take seriously any symptoms that could be cancer and have them investigated.

I don’t know how common cancer is in our community, but it’s difficult to draw any real conclusions when we aren’t polling people for it. I definitely wouldn’t discount PFS triggering all manner of problems, but we don’t have the evidence to suggest that a disproportionate risk exists. I’m posting this because I don’t want people to be alarmed and a topic like this could cause those who have unfortunately been affected by cancer to come forwards and create the suggestion that there is a disproportionate risk.

I’m definitely not trying to shut the conversation down, but be mindful that anecdotal evidence isn’t enough to draw conclusions.

If you have symptoms of cancer, get them checked out.

2 Likes

I recall reading a study paper somewhere which documented that the risks are greater in people who take fin and the longer the exposure the greater the risk. I was 6 years in before I developed cancer. Giving healthy young women HRT would bring similar risks. Your point is taken though @Greek we have enough problems without adding more weight and worry.

1 Like

omg I’m so sorry! :disappointed: sending lots of strength and compassion

1 Like