Does libido seem to be the most resistant symptom to improve

You can see my story in member stories section. I am 26 years old and September 2016 was the last time that I took Fin and have seen little improvement in my libido. I am fortunate that I do not seem to experience many of the other side effects other than the sexual ones.

Is the prognosis for those who get libido problems a poor one? I recently ordered Triazole and Tribulus and will try those. Could anyone else recommend some further steps I can take?

I am about 7 months off of Fin and have seen very little improvement in libido. I don’t have many other sides, but it is destroying me mentally. I have no interest in sexual pursuits and my motivation in general has taken a hit. Libido seems to be the thing I always read not improving. Has anyone been able to improve it and by what means? Any luck with a urologist?

if you aren’t getting major other sides your libido will come back, I’m the opposite, I’m horny as fuck a lot of the time but my ed haven’t’ gotten better

I’m about a year out and my libido hasn’t improved at all. Zero sexual desire all the time.

Long time lurker first time poster. Another propecia victim here, not trying to scare you off but the first time I ever took propecia was back in 2003 (was 22 back then).

PFS was not known to the public and sexual sides (among other horrific mental ones) were not recognized. I recall my life turning to a living hell and being an undergraduate in an engineering college didn’t help either.

Ok fast forward to dealing with post propecia low libido… here’s a combined list of what I think helped:

1. High zinc (50-75mg) & magnesium (400mg) before bedtime.
  2. An anti-E such as aromasin (3-6mg E3D or E4D initially).
  3. High dose L-Arginine & L-glutamine (natural HGH boosters).
  4. Resistance training 4x week (minimum cardio).
  5. High quality test booster such as tongkat ali alongwith stinging nettle root (should be cycled to maintain effectiveness).
  6. Vitamins D, C, K along with biotin, b complex, ferritin (testing levels recommended).
  7. Supplementing iodine, selenium & sea salt.
  8. Supplementing L-caranitine for enhancing ARs activity.
  9. Avoid stress by all means.
  10. Target at least 7-8 hrs of quality sleep. Earlier is better (say 10:00pm).
  11. Test for any gastrointestinal diseases.
  12. Take a high quality probiotic.
  13. Avoid any 5ARs (finesteride, saw palmetto, retin a, Accutane, copper, nizoral shampoo… etc).
  14. High dose fish oil (omega 3s).
  15. Have a clean diet with adequate fats.
  16. Time. Be patient.
  17. Test your testerone, E2, thyroid & adrenals after implementing the above.

Now this may seem like a really long to-do- list but it really helps with the vicious symptoms. I had my ups and downs throughout the years and i have literally tried everything (TRT, HGH, Proviron, andractim, clomid, tamoxifen, AIs, HCG et al).

There were times when my symptomes have relapsed, but am in much better position now.

Hope this helps,

2 Likes