Does it get better?

Hey all, I’m struggling really bad right now and could really use some reassurance.

I crashed just over a month ago. I have completely lost my personality and all interests, ability to feel pleasure, lost all of my automated emotional responses, haven’t slept more than 3 hours a night in a month, am dealing with joint and bone pain throughout my whole body, muscle spasms, skin goes red and dry when I touch it, have vibrating sensations in my brain amongst other bizarre cognitive symptoms (like smelling chemicals from my brain and hearing music constantly in my head) and spend most of my day trying to manage crazy anxiety and dread.

I’m running out of hope. Do the severe crashes ever get better? Don’t know how much longer I can take this without going insane. This shit is straight out of some sci fi horror movie.

Yes, it gets better. What we’ve found is that timescales are different for everyone.

What that means for everyone is, unfortunately, “hold on.”

Some sign up and leave after a few months or even less than that. Others still check in regularly years later.

Unfortunately nobody’s going to be able to tell you that you’ll be ok in a month, a week, a year.

Hold on.

6 Likes