Does anyone use deodorant anymore?

I barely smell as one of the common side effects of post-fin but was wondering if anyone found a safe deodorant to use. The natural ones all contain 5ari’s like coconut oil, lavender, tee tree, rosemary etc. And coconut extract is in everything, not just deodorant and shampoo. Or am I just being too paranoid.

Tom’s of Maine makes an unscented deoderant. EWG is an App/site that you can search clean hygiene products.

Generally, things shouldn’t be an issue in their whole food form. If you start taking over 10k IU of D3 a day or eating a ton of spinach, coconut, etc then you could possibly run into issues. From my experience, these things haven’t made the slightest difference. I’ve been paraben free and used glass/ceramic/stainless steel for cooking/drinking/food etc for 2 years now. Drinking only water, herbs, fill in the blank. Nothing has changed.

3 Likes

Thanks for the resource brother! D3 at high doses may inhibit 5 alpha reductase too? Interesting

If your symptoms are fairly stable, I would not worry too much about whole foods or things like deodorant, etc. Some patients seem to be extremely unstable, and foods containing 5ARIs and other anti-androgenic substances cause them to crash, but many would consume these substances without knowing and not have any issues.

For example, I would grade my symptoms as moderate to severe, but my stability is very high. I’ve only experienced one severe crash since my initial crash, and that was from ingesting close to 500g of tofu in a short period of time. I’ve eaten a ton of coconut oil, salmon, spinach, etc and not had any problems. Everyone is different of course, and as you are still in the early stages, I would be careful and see what has an effect.

Also, once you’ve been off the drug for 3 months, could you please assist our research efforts by completing the patient survey? It would be extremely helpful.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, I will def fill out the survey although I’m not looking forward to the 3 month mark. 5 weeks to go. It’s going to be emotional, which is probably why so many avoid it. It is a milestone and takes alot of acceptance.

oh, no not D3 specifically. I’m just saying taking anything at high doses can cause issues. Cooking with a little coconut oil here and there and eating blueberries, etc isn’t going to damage you. The body can deal with these things. On the other hand, pharmaceuticals capable of causing cellular damage, gene mutations, or whatever has happened, is a different story.

If you feel that something you’re eating or using is screwing with you, avoid it for a couple weeks and re-introduce it. I’ve had to eliminate avocados because they gave me a dry cough and made me feel bad after eating them consistently. So I just don’t eat them anymore.

2 Likes

Gotcha, really good advice! Thanks for the thorough response.

I am not using any deodorant since my odor is missing 90%. So for what should I take it. There are unnecessary chemicals inside I try to avoid harming myself more.

1 Like

If and when you reach 3 months, don’t take that as a sign that you will never get better. I remember passing that point and feeling very depressed but have made significant gains with time.

1 Like

Appreciate the response brother. Thanks for the hopeful message. It’s nice to hear others felt the same way. I’ve been adapting to the ups and downs and will hopefully continue to do so down the line. Just taking it day by day. Thanks again.

1 Like

You dont smell or you dont sweat or both?

UB bio-art project that recreates smell of human sweat named Falling Walls 2021 winner