Does anyone resolve constipation

Does anyone resolve constipation. started to bother

Try increasing fiber by increasing vegetables. I eat a shitload of bread everyday and that helps too, you can try that too. I get around 35 grams of fiber from bread alone eaxh day. But you are probably scared of bread like everyone here.daily fiber recommendations ais 30 to 40 grams a day.

I got a urine neurotransmitter test done. It showed I was low in serotonin. I increased serotonin with L-Tryptophan, 5-HTP and B6. It completely cured my constipation the first time

I crashed into relapse insomnia. Did not know if it was the L-Tryptophan, 5-HTP or B6 that caused my relapse insomnia so I stopped taking it. Some of the constipation returned when I stopped taking the supplements.

I resolved a good part of the relapse insomnia with glycine. I then went back on the L-Tryptophan, 5-HTP and B6 and Iā€™m already seeing additional benefits in constipation

Interestingly most serotonin is actually produced in the gut and it stimulates intestinal movement. So I believe after 7 years I found my constipation cure. I wonder if this would work for anyone else

Now I just need to find whatā€™s responsible for the sexual sides in my case and Iā€™m narrowing in on estrogen and the estrogen receptors

I believe that Iā€™m currently on a path that will lead to my full recovery.

3 Likes

i remember you used mifepristone and it solved your sexual symptoms %80

It did but it did not last. In 2017 I took the RU for 3 days at 50MGā€™s. When I came off of it I got a major improvement in all my sexual sides . Over about a 5 week period I went back to baseline in all of the sexual sides. I tried RU several more times and couldnā€™t replicate. It could have been the an issue with the quality of the RU that I sourced for the additional trials. Not sure. I can say that I felt similar while on the RU during the subsequent trials though leading me to believe that I was taking RU. The mifepristone gave me a very distinct feeling in my brain while on it. But like another user mentioned quality of the mifepristone is also something to consider. In other words i believe I had mifepristone for the additional trials but maybe the quality of the drug was not the same that I sourced the first time.

Honestly the ā€œquality of mifepristoneā€ point is not something that I really considered until another user mentioned it here recently. I was looking at it like itā€™s either mifepristone or itā€™s not. So with that new insight maybe Iā€™ll try a 3rd source some day. Although mentally I did kinda move on from it. These days Iā€™m trying to limit my experiments to less extreme and risky things. Although I never got worse from any of the mifepristone/RU experiments and I did recently get better and worse from amino acids. Amino acids made my constipation better and gave me relapse insomnia. So in spite of mifepristone coming in second place for the most risky experiment that I have tried behind 5a-DHP it more or less cured me temporarily in the most stubborn of the sides and never made me worse. So in my case to ignore mifepristone as being important would not be smart

I believe that Iā€™m currently on a path that will lead to my full recovery. This is a full time job for me. I know that I am smarter then the scientists who havenā€™t figured this out yet

Hurry up Einstein I want my life back.

What works for me will probable not work for everyone else

Itā€™s about finding clues as to your own imbalance

I found the probiotics helped me in a big way. I went with the 80 billion strain as prescribed by my kinesiologist for about three months every night but now I take them about once a week and take a 6 billion strain maybe twice a week. A cup of green tea, peppermint tea or a slice of lemon in lukewarm water helps me too but everyone is different. Constipation has been a nightmare for me over the past 4 years though (roughly 2 before coming off fin and 2 after coming off it)

Yes, take 10g inulin. It not only increases butyrate but also resolves any constipation.
If it doesnā€™t work, go up to 20g per day.

be careful with 5htp as another posted said he used

it made my symptoms worse

check the website, made a lot of people worse too

1 Like

If youā€™re low in serotonin, it could also mean that you are low in bacteria that produces it. Try and feed off that specific bacteria and your serotonin will level out.

Probiotics are crapshoot. Most are commercial ones with lactobacillus & bifidobacteria that donā€™t even list strains. Intriguingly, I have ZERO Lactobacillus as per my microbiome analysis and taking loads of Lactobacillus probiotics did nothing to raise them. That being said, some strains are said to benefit constipation such as E. Coli (increases serotonin) found in Mutaflor. Also watch for D-lactate, my level was high and it gave me brain fog and D-lactic acidosis.

1 Like

Inulin isnā€™t always beneficial and may actually be counterintuitive at those doses long-term. Inulin, which is a prebiotic, is the preferred food source for firmicutes. Some of us have too much of them and increasing them will reduce other species and throw out the microbiome balance. I turned out relatively low in Firmicutes so Inulin-FOS proved beneficial in my case. Iā€™d say onion, asparagus, and garlic are better substitutes for inulin.

2 Likes

I reintroduced L-Tryptophan, 5-HTP,
L-Theanine, Vitamin B6 and Probiotics
on 1/14/2021.

I was very concerned about this because like you said others have got worse from 5-HTP. Also 5-HTP (as well as the other things listed above that I added back in on 1/14/2021) are things that I was taking from 9/26/2020-11/30/2020 as a part of my ā€œpersonalized neurotransmitter protocolā€.

As mentioned previously I ā€œcrashedā€ recently while on my ā€œpersonalized neurotransmitter protocolā€ and ended up in severe relapse ā€œPFS likeā€ insomnia that felt very similar to the Insomnia that I experienced while ā€œcrashingā€ on Saw P seven years ago.

I came off of everything I was talking on 11/30/2020 and donā€™t know for sure which one of the many amino acids I was taking caused it. I was also talking SAMe as a part of this protocol. Everything I was talking also cured my seven years worth of constipation.

So obviously like you are saying because I donā€™t know for certain which amino acids converting to which neurotransmitters caused the relapse insomnia and which amino acids converting to which neurotransmitters cured my constipation I am taking a huge risk by reintroducing any of these things. Unfortunately I also believe that I have no choice to take the risk because I think that this path may be the key to my recovery. The fact that I took amino acids and got ā€œPFS type symptomsā€ while also curing ā€œPFS type symptomsā€ tells me that for me PFS is neurotransmitter related.

So for now what I know is that after adding the L-Tryptophan, 5-HTP, L-Theanine, Vitamin B6 and Probiotics back in on 1/14/2021 I have once again seen significant improvements in my constipation and I have not ā€œcrashedā€ back into insomnia yet or otherwise ā€œcrashedā€ in some other way.

I intend on taking additional risks by adding back in additional amino acids in order to increase other neurotransmitters so that I can target other neurotransmitter receptors in an attempt to find the problem. I will need additional urine neurotransmitter tests to see what Iā€™m increasing exactly as I go. I believe that the problem is primarily a GABA/Glutamate receptor imbalance. Because serotonin and dopamine are also important inhibitory and excitatory neurotransmitters adjusting either of them can probably have an impact. But I think the source of a lot of my problems involves the imbalance between the main inhibitory and excitatory neurotransmitter receptors. GABA and Glutamate.

Right now Iā€™m experimenting with increasing T and aromatase activity by taking 4 DHEA. So I wonā€™t be adding in additional amino acids or having additional neurotransmitter testing until after Iā€™m done with this experiment. So far I have seen big improvements in the relapse shrinkage while on this 4 DHEA trial. I also experienced relapse shrinkage during the recent relapse insomnia. Estrogen plays a part for me here as well. I know that the estrogen receptors and serotonin production are connected in some complicated way. I donā€™t have all the dots connected yet but believe that Iā€™m the closest to figuring this out that I have ever been.

Right now Iā€™m 80 percent pre PFS with constipation. 70 percent pre PFS with sleep. I almost have my sleep back to regular PFS baseline that it was at for years. 80 percent pre PFS in shrinkage. If I can get my self to 80 percent PFS with all the other sexual sides on the protocol Iā€™m on now I wonā€™t experiment with anything else because Iā€™ll be good enough to live life. But if I canā€™t Iā€™m going to continue to go all in all or nothing with everything.

Overall Iā€™m in a better spot now then I was 6 months ago. 6 months ago I was 80 percent pre PFS in sleep but still suffered from the constipation significantly. I temporarily lost my sleep while making this break though but now not only do I have significant improvements in constipation but my sleep is almost as good as it was prior to putting my self though this. My sexual sides pretty much the same as what they were prior to putting my self though this. So over all I can say all this recent pain was worth it. Question is now am I going to crash again any day haha ā€¦

1 Like

Great information here

I have not had the microbiome analysis yet. But according to my July 2020 neurotransmitter test my over all serotonin production was low normal and the following recommendation was generated:

ā€œMost of serotonin in the human body is produced in the gastrointestinal tract, where it stimulates gut motility. Research shows that urinary serotonin levels are reduced on patients with depression. Clinically, low serotonin is associated with anxiety, depression, changes in appetite, cravings, excessive worry, heightened sensitivity to pain, hunger, low mood, migraine, cold body temperature, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder and sleep disturbancesā€

And then under therapeutic considerations probiotics and L-Theanine are listed as well as serotonin co factor B6 and serotonin precursors L-Tryptophan and 5-HTP.

I will have to read up on E. Coli and how exactly it increases serotonin production in the gut

I have been taking a 100 billion CFU probiotic as a part of my ā€œincrease natural production serotonin protocolā€

Did you get any relief from the constipation?

Maybe consider getting a urine neurotransmitter test done to get an idea as to how much serotonin you are producing. I was low normal. Another user on another forum is also low normal and he gets constipation.

Iā€™m curious to know if we can establish a solid pattern among a group of us that get the constipation and low serotonin production

I am in contact with a functional health company who is trying to make the urine neurotransmitter test as well as the other urine hormone test that I have had done recently that tests for Allopregnanolone, 3-adiol and Epitestosterone easily available.

The issue with these tests is that although the company called ZRT lab that sells these tests is a great company that makes great tests they only sell them to providers. And the providers need to ā€œprescribeā€ us these tests. And the providers that ā€œprescribeā€ us these tests mark up the cost of the test substantially as well as charge thousands of dollars just to be seen and none of its through insurance.

So this functional health company that I have been speaking to for a while now agreed to sell them without a doctors order without a huge mark up. So I have been working hard on communicating with this company and itā€™s the most cost effective way that I have been able to come up with thus far for others to have these tests done. This past week they said they plan on being ready this week to be able to sell these tests on line with no doctors order. Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed because this is the second time that told me they would be ready. And I really want to know if my findings can be replicated in others. In this instance Iā€™m referring to low serotonin as it pertains to constipation

You do that. I suspect I had low Serotonin for years and that caused me crippling depression and constipation. Serotonin goes hand-in-hand with estrogen level or so Iā€™ve read. E2 was persistently low for the last 3 years except during DHEA supplementation. Speaking of which, how is your DHEA experiment so far?

Iā€™m now reading on butyrate involvement in E2 regulation.

" Butyric acid (BA), one of the short chain fatty acids (SCFAs), has positive actions on the metabolism, inflammation, etc. However, whether it influences the reproductive physiology and if so the detail mechanism involved has not yet been determined. In this study, the porcine granulosa cells (PGCs) were treated with gradient concentrations of BA. After 24 h culture, 0.05 mM BA significantly stimulated the progesterone (P4) secretion ( P < 0.05), 5 mM and 10 mM BA significantly inhibited the P4 secretion ( P < 0.05). Simultaneously, BA up-regulated the estradiol (E2) secretion in a dose dependent manner, 5 mM and 10 mM BA significantly promoted the E2 level ( P < 0.05). In addition, 10 mM BA significantly promoted the G-protein-coupled receptor 41/43 mRNA ( P < 0.05). Interestingly, 5 mM BA treatment significantly down-regulated cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) content ( P < 0.05), steroidogenic acute regulatory (StAR), steroidogenic factor 1 (SF1), P450scc in the mRNA and/or protein level ( P < 0.05), and these actions were reversed by cAMP activator forskolin (FK). Moreover, the co-treatment of 5 mM BA and bupivacaine (BPC, the cAMP inhibitor) significantly accumulated the inhibition action of BPC on cAMP, the secretion of P4, and the abundance of StAR mRNA ( P < 0.05), inhibited the up-regulation of 5 mM BA on the E2 secretion ( P < 0.05). Further, the Global Proteome and KEGG pathway analysis found that 5 mM BA significantly up-regulated the I3LM80 proteins ( P < 0.05), which is involved in the steroid biosynthesis signaling pathway. 5 mM BA significantly decreased the F2Z5G3 protein level ( P < 0.05), and the cAMP signaling pathway. In conclusion, present findings for the first time demonstrated that BA could regulate the P4 and E2 hormone synthesis in PGCs via the cAMP signaling pathway."

Interestingā€¦

Our cases and experiences sound very similar with estradiol and serotonin

I just read that Butyrate is an agonist of the HCA2 receptor as is Niacin (b3)

ā€œSimilar to other HCA2 agonists studied, butyrate also produces marked anti-inflammatory effects in a variety of tissues, including the brain, gastrointestinal tract, skin, and [vascular tissue]

ā€œAt high doses, niacin produces marked anti-inflammatory effects in a variety of tissues ā€“ including the brain, gastrointestinal tract, skin, and vascular tissue ā€“ through activation of HCA2ā€

en.m.wikipedia.org

1 Like

Not ā€œquiteā€ what OP asked but my, er, pooping issues in general are resolved now and pre-PFS.

1 Like

These are the probiotics which helped me (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08GR57SDK/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=GqYTgQxhm6QbMT2DtDAM9Q&hsa_cr_id=3941530710002&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=846fd095-dae5-4811-b124-aee934a48fe0&pd_rd_w=oLVYT&pd_rd_wg=TPXKs&ref=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_0_title)

Iā€™m taking them 2-3 times a week at nightā€¦ Iā€™ve also ordered Fargelin (canā€™t wait to get my hands on these but Iā€™m away for another few months and they have been delivered to a friend) which is something Noniman had success withā€¦ He also felt it helped his ED - I canā€™t recall exactly but I think Fargelin helps blood flowā€¦ Do a search and you should find his topic which he created maybe within the last 2-6 months - I canā€™t recall exactly