Does anyone know of a PFS-friendly doctor in Mass?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a PFS-friendly doctor in Massachusetts?

I could spend years looking around for one, and never find one.

Actually I have been trying to find one for a couple years, and haven’t found one. If someone knows of one, this would be a huge help. I hate trying to convince doctors to let me get this blood test and that blood test, and having them tell me I’m a hypochondriac.

Mass is great, because they outlawed getting private blood tests for some stupid reason. So I can’t get a blood test unless it’s through a doctor, and all their bureaucratic red tape.

Thanks,
G

S. Bhasim, at Brigham and Womens in Boston. While your at it, see if they still need study participants.

Go to dr Jacobs remotely he can treat you, prescribe medications and blood tests, he is using my protocol on patients, ask for the propionate protocol.

www.walkinlabs.com You can order all the blood work you want. They send you a lab order with a doctor signoff. See if you can use that. Its a lot cheaper then going to the doctor and dealing with their arrogant bullshit.

Thanks all! I’m very grateful for this site.

Oh great. walkinlabs is prohibited in MA too.

I guess I’ll either need to go see Dr. Jacobs or Dr. Bhasin.

Do you need to get a referral from your PCP to see one of these doctors, do you know? Has anyone seen Dr. Bhasin? Is he really going to be supportive of my PFS problem? Sorry, I’m just so disillusioned with doctors these days. I could imagine myself going through the hassle of setting up an apt, driving all the way into Boston, and then having him tell me I’m a hypochondriac and there’s nothing wrong with me. I was wondering what other people’s experience with him has been before I go to see him.

Maybe Dr. Jacobs would be better? I’m just not sure how the process of seeing an out of state doctor would work exactly. Not sure if I’d need a referral from my PCP. My current PCP is totally unsupportive and in the dark about PFS. He makes everything difficult.

As I walk down this road, I’ll share my experience here. I’m sure others will be dealing with the same issue.

Just looking at Dr. Jacobs site. This doesn’t look cheap:

Fees
Initial Consultation: $650
Follow-up visits: $475 each
Brief follow-up visit: $175 (Discussion of results, lab test review and treatment plan) up to 20 minutes

I guess if a go to see him, I’ll need to make sure I know exactly what blood tests I need. I think someone said that I could see him remotely. If I have to drive into NYC, that will be a lot more $$ especially if I stay overnight.

I’ll keep considering my options, and let you guys know what I end up doing.