Does anyone here have family members with Alzheimer’s?

Wondering who else is in the same boat as me. I’m paranoid about this since my maternal grandfather has it. And that new article says fin increases risk of Alzheimer’s so I’m here frantically trying to research all stuff about Alzheimer’s and treatments coming out

Anyways I regularly see my gramps. It’s not a pretty sight at all.

My grandmother has dementia, but she rapidly went down hill after the doctor had her on ssris, I don’t know why a doctor would prescribe that to someone with memory loss, I yelled at my mother for that to.

1 Like

I didn’t read the article you mention as I find it too alarming to think about but it might be better to look at reducing your risk through lifestyle changes, rather than worrying about it and looking at treatments. Aside from that, presumably any treatments you MIGHT need will be decades in the future, which means plenty of time for new breakthroughs. The future is not written and you may not ever develop a condition.

Try not to stress yourself out. I’m sorry to hear about your grandfather.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that buddy.

I think one thing we can all agree after our experience:

Science is not settled

Always good to be skeptical.

Medical community’s first protocol for many things is an Ssri.

Hopefully this decade ends that

1 Like

Are you saying that If I were to develop it, it would be decades later?

Or that the treatments itself would come out decades later?

Anyways you’re right. Alzheimer’s is unofficially called type 3 diabetes. Good to be in good health despite us having low allo levels

I am saying that it’s unlikely that you’ll develop it soon if you are to ever.

1 Like

Thanks man. I’m off to bed.

My grandmother died of it before Christmas, I never seen a human deteriorate as fast in my life.

1 Like

My grandfather had it, and from what I was told (Wasn’t close to him, or lived near) it was pretty awful. It scared my Dad pretty bad, being that I guess its hereditary.

From what I remember reading, they’ve made some really good advancements on treatment and prevention.

1 Like

cardio and strength training + heart healthy diet thats not inflammatory (no sugar and processed carbs) helps a lot

as well as un interrupted deep 8 hour sleep. im telling my folks to optimize all of that

No one in my family had Alzheimer’s that I know of. All on both sides were sharp to the end and lived long.

2 Likes

Glad to hear

1 Like

My grandfather has Alzheimer’s, memantine is helping him. My father passed too young for that disease.

1 Like