Does anyone have tried Agomelatine against anhedonia / numbed emotions?

Hello all :slightly_smiling_face:

Have any of you had any experience with agomelatine against anhedonia / numbed emotions? Although I am almost 100% impotent, it is the massive anhedonia / numbed emotions that plagues me most about this disorder (PSSD). I would even consider giving up all my sexual functionality if I could take emotions for it again.

Unfortunately I am not able to understand the medical aspects of our disorder well. However, I am very well able to observe my symptoms. In the early days of my disorder there were moments when I suddenly felt better for some time. In these moments I noticed very seriously that my prefrontal cortex was active again. I realized more emotions again and my sexual functionality usually increased at the same time.

I could imagine that in PSSD something changes in the functionality of the serotonin receptors, which as a result leads to a lower release of dopamine. At least in my case I have the impression that exactly this effect is also responsible for the sexual impairments. Probably it is different with PFS / PAS.

Regarding agomelatine I found the following section on Wikipedia and in the official drug directory of my country:

“By antagonizing 5-HT2C, it disinhibits/increases noradrenaline and dopamine release specifically in the frontal cortex. Therefore, it is sometimes classified as a norepinephrine-dopamine disinhibitor. It has no influence on the extracellular levels of serotonin.”

So I came up with the idea that this drug might be worth a try. However, I haven’t read many testimonials from people with PSSD / PFS / PAS, possibly because the drug is not available in the United States.

I would be happy to read from you if you have any experience with Agomelatine or if you can provide more information about my considerations.

Best regards,
trego94

1 Like

Seems like a similar mechanism to Addyi – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flibanserin . I know that Goldstein has prescribed that to some people.

1 Like

I haven’t tried anything for my anhedonia even though it’s my worst symptom

I thought about using for nsi-189 but I don’t want to take a chance with anything

I’d rather wait for some scientific guidance before guessing which compound to take

Hopefully Baylor provides us with some clues in a few weeks

2 Likes

I tried it in 2009 and it increased anxiety and irritability and agression.

One guy I am talking with actually got his pssd (very severe case) from this drug. Be cautious.

And yes you are right in regard to the prefrontal Cortex… it’s like we are having a chemical induced lobotomy