Does anyone have a PFS Discord Chat opened?

I think it’d be a more casual way to connect and give quick tips/feedback on the go. I don’t want to start one if one is already set up, but I don’t see any evidence of a big chat like that either.

1 Like

Hey, it’s a good question. We’ve thought about - and are still considering - implementing a chat feature into the forum site directly, but didn’t decide one way or another because of reasons including the importance of the visibility and record of what users are posting and experiencing. On the other hand it may be more casual and easy for users to talk. I would not be happy regarding users being directed to an external service because of the potential of exploitation or mistreatment of users registering here who are vulnerable. That might sound unreasonable, but unfortunately there has been external chats set up before elsewhere and users have informed me that there was mistreatment of a severely affected member who is no longer with us.

If an implemented chat is something that people do have views on I’m happy to hear.

3 Likes

I think a chat is a great idea. Could be a more interactive way to share ideas and possibly could provide motivation to try healthy habits discussed in the chat.

0 Likes