Does anyone else feel emotionally blunt?

I find that I never feel much of any emotionality. I can’t remember how long this has been the case but I don’t get that natural high or good feelings. This coupled with my libido makes me think something like dopaminergic pathways have gone awry.

I recently quit my second bout with opiates, which is for the best. But I fully know that I did those drugs because I have no natural highs in life. This is such a painful symptom and I don’t really know what to do or where to turn. Staring down this barrel, if it is going to be indefinite, is so very tough.

2 Likes

Almost everybody here has blunted affect

3 Likes

Familiar and for me it’s definitely the most severe symptom. Can’t feel any love, or connection, family feels just like a bunch of strangers, can’t really watch any movie or show because I’m too emotionally cut off, there were times that i had it even worse, when everything was nothing, if it makes any sense to you.

3 Likes

I would say I feel no emotion but I definitely feel sadness and panic. Every now and then I’ll get a little euphoria and feel talkative but it’s 95% of the time flat. Feel like weed helps with this a bit

1 Like

I feel emotional flatness since quitting in early January. Went to the seaside now and the view of the sea doesn’t trigger any emotions. Before I used to love the sea

2 Likes

I feel nothing like an alien in this world I’ve tried every strategy. Nothing brings it back. Hugs from loved ones being around nature, in a field, woodland, park, down the beach nothing! For years now

1 Like

Yes have the same…

2 Likes

How long have you had the emotional bluntness for Dvir. I have a 7 year old and its terrible feeling empty

I guess fin fucks with your brain.

I still have emotions, but I literally can’t feel tired.

Two years soon. It’s terrible symptom, I seriously could cope with the rest of the awful symptoms if not due to this soul death- but doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere

1 Like

It’s an unfortunately common symptom amongst sufferers of our conditions. I’m glad you’ve stopped the opiates, relying on them for happiness is counter productive even for healthy individuals.

It’s worth noting that some patients do report an improvement in cognitive symptoms over a long period of time. If you are able to exercise that can often aid your cognitive functions. I always did with me at least.

welcome to the club

I try to explain to people but no one believes me. They say try to be positive etc and when I say it doesn’t work they think I’m just being a dick or hypechondriac. Has it not improved at all. It’s the worst symptom by far. Can take the pyhsical shit all day

1 Like