Does Accutane really inhibit DHT or not?

Good afternoon guys, I know the symptoms between SPF and Post-Accutane Syndrome are similar but is there a scientific article that proves that Accutane is also a DHT inhibitor?
Thank you

Accutane decreases androgen receptor binding capacity, essentially shutting down the androgen receptor and preventing it from binding proteins.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0003277815000064#:~:text=18%2C%2019%20A%20study%20indicates,isotretinoin%20administration%20in%20acne%20patients.&text=It%20has%20been%20observed%20that,an%20alteration%20in%20its%20affinity.

Minoxidil does a similar thing and actually attaches directly to the androgen receptor from a new, previously undiscovered grove.

I am here because of Minoxidil btw.

2 Likes

~ what are your post-minoxidil symptoms? did you feel the effects during or after use?

[image]

I felt them during usage and crashed after stopping it just like anyone else here. I felt like I was 13 again for a week, glowing skin, insane libido, then crashed and have been there ever since. I don’t consider my syndrome any different from anyone else here.

So is it permanently attached to our iso receptors? Do we aim to dissolve the iso left in the body by fasting?

No the drug completely leaves the body but it causes some sort of epigenetic change in the way our androgen receptors synthesize proteins, making it so our body can’t metabolize androgens.

how can you be so sure

The study on Minoxidil, my drug, shows that it binds directly to the androgen receptor, and prevents the androgen receptor from synthesizing proteins. It directly inhibits AR-peptides, AR-coregulator, and AR protein stability. How I felt on Minoxidil is nearly identical to how I feel now after crashing, the difference is, the first time was dependent on a drug being applied and now it’s persistent without any drugs.

I bet if you looked at our androgen receptors from a transcriptional level they still would not be synthesizing proteins, that is without doubt almost, that’s why our collagen in our skin is gone, that’s why we can’t build muscle. The real question is why, and on that we can only make guesses until more research is done. It’s probably an epigenetic change involving gene damage or methylation.

Dude I recommend you to not talk that sure. I have PAS for 14 months. I regained my oily skin back after 5 months. I am able to build muscle without an issue. I had so many digestive and mental issues. But none of them are still there. Only persistent problem i have is sleeping and libido problems. So i (want to) believe some day these side effects will fade away too. Please do not make people lose their hopes with some unproven information.

1 Like