Doctor said “don’t worry, there’s a pill to fix” my hair loss

I went to my doctor to get some paperwork filled out and he commented on my recently shaved head. I mentioned it was because I was balding and he flippantly said “don’t worry, there’s a pill to fix that.” I could sense that he expected me to enquire further and request a prescription of presumedly propecia. I was mortified that he would seemingly prescribe me propecia so easily without a proper discussion of the risks involved.

2 Likes

So you see what kind of life the men on this forum are living. What are you going to do? :thinking:

2 Likes

Are you one of the lucky ones who switched on his brain and didn’t use the fucking poison.
Or have you been a fool like me and the 6464 fools here who used the poison.

1 Like

That’s fantastic why are you here

I still don’t understand. Before taking the poison, I knew the existence of PFS. I didn’t know this website, but I knew the PFS foundation. I read some warnings. I thought about it for two weeks. Finally, my friend told me that his mother gave him a prescription and he took it for a month… I had the idea of trying, After eating for less than two weeks… If I had read axolo and other stories, I would have known this website earlier and what the terrible crash looked like. I would never touch this poison… It was too late. I couldn’t forgive myself. I believed those bastards and the rumors that the side effects disappeared. I ushered in a major collapse and walked into the disaster with my eyes open, I don’t remember what I was like when I was healthy now…It’s just disgusting

3 Likes

Hi Medlar,

Thank you for your contribution. Unfortunately, despite all awareness efforts and the existing clinical research about this problem that has established physical changes in patient tissue that cannot possibly be “just in our heads” or “depression”, awareness among doctors is still too low and proper informed consent is non-existing since proper education about the possibly devastating and lasting symptoms is lacking.

Please note, however, that this forum is for patients who already experience lasting side effects from Finasteride (and similar substances). It is not a forum to discuss whether taking Finasteride is a good idea. In fact, considering the devastating effects this drug had on our most severely affected (including suicide), some patients may consider any discussion about taking Finasteride as gas-lighting. Hence, this thread will be closed.

You may want to consider referring your doctor to https://www.pfsnetwork.org to ensure he provides better informed care for his patients going forward.

Best,
N.

2 Likes