Do you have pudendal neuropathy or not?

Do you have pudendal neuropathy or not?

• Yes, I think it’s finasteride-related
  • Yes, I had it before finasteride
  • No

0 voters

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pudendal_nerve_entrapment
Of course, if we assume it’s from finasteride, we don’t mean mechanical damage to it, but a biochemical one from lack of DHT, so read mainly about the symptoms. Are they similar to your’s? Or have you been already clinically diagnosed with this illness?

Studies showing how finasteride can damage nervus pudendus specifically are welcome. I can’t find any. Discuss!

I made tests for it, NO pudendal neuropathy. A description of what they checked on me is found in the other thread about pudendal neuropathy.

The link describes pudendal neuropathy as a form of “pain”. If that’s what you speak of, then no, I have no pain down there.

But don’t forget numbness of the penis and scrotum, not only the pain.

You do not have to have “pain”. It can be aching, even slight. Some of us get a jolt or stabbing pain every few months as well.

For those who do not know, pudendal nueropathy also is know as pelvic floor, CPPS, chronic prostatitis (abacterial), hard flaccid, etc.

It certainly doesn’t mean prostatitis, though, the symptoms are similar. Where do you get your info, moonman? Prostatitis means there is an inflammation in the prostate and inflammation markers in its secretion. Is there a more medical term for “hard flaccid”? I think it just means a shrinked penis which can normally be evoked with low temperature, stress or physical activity.

moonman I think you are mistaking quite a lot. I have all the symptoms you mention, but the diagnose for pudendal neuropathy turned out negative. These are not synonims.

I may be wrong but I believe CPPS is an umbrellla term. Think of it as a spectrum.

‘PELVIC NEUROGENIC SOMATOVISCERAL BIOMECHANICAL DYSFUNCTION SYNDROME’

A Novel Approach to Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes

Pudendal Neuralgia, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Chronic Prostatitis, Chronic Cystitics, Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome, Levator Ani Syndrome, etc.

How exactly did they diagnose it? It’s often diagnosed by excluding every other condition, so perhaps they diagnosed you with something else? You’ve got inflammation of the prostate then? You should see many doctors about this problem. I was diagnosed with it too once, but another doctor finally said it can’t be prostatitis due to the inflammation markers being so low.

I described here how they performed the tests:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5661&start=100

I don’t know if it is prostatitis, prostate atrophy (they told me mine was of modest dimensions after fin), prostate stiffeness due to fibrosis or whatelse. I’m going to perform a urodynamical exam probably because I have some difficulty in starting peeing, also I have tinglings in my pelvic floor, Hard Flaccid, ED etc. All symptoms fluctuate in time. And I had clear and neat symptoms of prostatitis in past. I still have strange feelings down there. The neurologist, specialized in pelvic dysfunctions and ALS, told me it probably was a urinary problem and he suggested me to perform this exam(urodynamical). He also told me laughing that demented patients start to have urinary problems at first. Hopefully it’s not my case :mrgreen: but it might be a CNS problem I think.

IMO, common prostatitis is acute and inflammatory markers go high. In my case I think the prostate has some problem and it sometimes inflame to certain degree, but not to the level of acute prostatitis. Some sort of chronic abacterial prostatitis possibly.

No, the most common prostatitis is chronic abacterial and perhaps also asymtpomatic prostatitis. It’s very common for men to have an inflammation there, so it’s often considered physiological, not pathological.

And the penis doesn’t shrink due to nervus pudendus, but nervus cavernosus, so the hard flaccid can be caused by cavernosal neuropathy or something like that. It has nothing to do with the nerve we’re talking about here.
Penile length (corporal fulfillment with blood) – cavernosal nerve.
Sensatsions of the penis – pudendal nerve.
You’ve completely mixed those two.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17898802
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12795711
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10962339
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8395407
So the hypothesis is that not testosterone, but dihydrotestosterone like in many other tissues is responsible for the integrity of the neuronal network on the penile and scrotal skin (nervus pudendus, nervus dorsalis penis). The good news is that it’s all recoverable after getting back normal androgen levels and no matter how delayed it is. I can’t tell why we’re talking about persistent side effects then, but atleast it explains why you would get symptoms of pudendal neuropathy while on the drug.

1 Like

Perhaps we did some excessive kegeling to strengthen our erections in the past? It can cause pudendal neuropathy. Around the time when I did them, the penile pain really started.

Anybody up on this pudendal neuropathy stuff?

1 Like