Do you experience muscle loss (also muscle atrophy) and balance problems due to PFS?

Yes, I had my bloods taken. My LH and testosterone are in range, but pretty low.

Low free T keeps us from gaining muscles on this disease

My doctor put me on clomid, but my first 25mg dose made my fatigue and suicidal thoughts much worse. I donā€™t think I am going to continue. I am just going to push for TRT

1 Like

Finasteride ruined my muscles, skin, breathing, and posture pretty much overnight. Lost all the structural support in my body, was unable to maintain a good posture, and forced me into a hunched over, rolled-shoulder type posture. Any effort to do any kind of physical stress results in terrible brain fog, and a sick, nauseous feeling in the pit of my stomach. Went from a very fit, lean, and dense 24 year old young man to having the skin, muscles, and fat deposits of a guy in his 40s or 50s. 2 years into it and no, have not been able to build any sort of muscle or exercise tolerance.

2 Likes

I wont stop pumpin, fortunately I dont feel bad sides caused by weight lifting, yet again, cant gain any muscles back, despite the fact i was lifting for 15 years and was real athletic. I thought muscle memory could help, but nothing, no reshape possible (yet).

PFS is real

1 Like

I just thought I would add to this thread with my personal situation.

I lost about 50% of my muscle mass when transferred over to topical Finasteride from oral Finasteride. Legs, forearms and shoulders hit worse.

For months coming off Fin I was still using Trinov, when I dropped this I could build more muscle, just in case anyone was still using an anti androgen

But before I stopped Trinov I went on HMB supplement, Collagen peptide supplement and made small gains but the biggest gains I made was going on a highish carb diet, basically added 100-150 carbs daily and within two weeks began to make good gains.

I am about 80% back to my old self, I also took creatine.

I no longer take creatine or Collagen peptide due to me stupidly taking a DIM supplement which crashed me and they react not so good now.

I lost a small gain from removing these two.

One last thing, I am a sports coach and was pretty big muscular before all this happened to me and I would advice people when doing weight training donā€™t just lift weights, get a set of resistance bands and incorporate it in with like exercises but also strength conditioning as in stretch out bands and hold for maybe 30 seconds in various positions with sets of 3 with fewer reps and condition your muscle to strengthen if you cannot lift heavy weights.

This works for me and enhances strength and size

3 Likes

Starting to lose my balanceā€¦found this thread searching on it. I canā€™t think of anything Iā€™ve done differently the past couple weeks but the feelings I get during tissue loss have increasedā€¦dizziness, insatiable hunger, and body/face ache. And sure enough I wake up every morning with surfaced bones and tendons Iā€™ve never seen or felt before, along with voids where there used to be continuity. In 7 months of PFS Iā€™ve remained surprisingly mobile and continue to mountain bike and run but Iā€™m certain that my body is eating structural tissue for energy and my legs are getting wobbly as a result.

How are you on this issue?!