Do you also have symptoms of Schizoid Personality Disorder?

I’m pretty sure that if you posted that image in a group of computer programmers, pianists, train drivers, plumbers, rock climbers, chess players, etc, etc. That you’d have a healthy number of people saying they recognise themselves in enough of those statements to say “hmm, maybe”

I don’t think that we can draw a simple conclusion that people described in that graphic are likely to be affected OR that people who are affected are made into the kind of person described in that graphic.

2 Likes

Nice (tongue in cheek?) post Vernon :slightly_smiling_face:. It highlights how many psychiatric diagnoses aren’t worth a pinch of…
Is it PFS or is it SPD?..or when you’re not sure, adjustment disorder is trotted out.

1 Like

Ah, perhaps that one flew over my head.

Thanks for your totally not sarcastic comment, Poisoned.

Luckily for Veron, he didn’t start a new topic and named it: “Maybe we have Schizoid Personality Disorder after all” Cause if he did, he wouldn’t be taken serious anymore.

As my nibba Veron isn’t that dumb, he started a new topic and named it “Do you also have symptoms of Schizoid Personality Disorder?” If you look closely to the title, u can see he’s in no way concluding we are schizoid.

He only asked this question cause he saw a study were Schizoid patiens were proven to have an imbalance in their serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin and norepinephrine patways, wow what a coincidence !

1 Like

Hmm…I may be wrong, but I’m reading your response as somewhat truculent Veron. But you’re right, it’s not a sarcastic comment, merely a comment on what i read as a post highlighting diagnostic parallels/ overlaps. From the post/ image above, I see no reference to neurochemical underpinnings.

I see “Schizoid” from a Freudian perspective/ construct, relating to thinking, personality traits and personality disorder (or observed intrapsychic dynamics) . Like many of these psychiatric classifications, they are a loose, fairly imprecise guide, with a great deal of overlap. It is relating to this final point that i was making reference to - no offense was intended.

I do note you’re speaking in the third person, which ill read as humour :slight_smile:…however schizoid it presents me.

That last sentence… Such a shame