Do we have an idea of the average age of PFS sufferers?

Like the title says. Just curious. As I understand it, it seems to affect young men more. Perhaps their endocrine systems are more sensitive?

Interesting question. It may be worth posting this is a survey format.

I was 37.

Its not going to be really accurate, because there are probably a great many older men with PFS who for a number of reasons do not even realize it or are less vocal about it. Finasteride was prescribed for BPH for years before alopecia, its likely that thousands of older men may have it and when they reported the side effects to their doctors (especially) years ago they were most likely brushed off. And being older may not have decided to do research on the internet. I suspect there are many 60+ years olds’ with it.

Hay guys thats a good question im currently 46 and have been taking finasteride on and off for 10 to 15yrs. Im living in Australia. Im certain there are older people suffering i guess the positive is if you have PFS its great that all the clinical studies and research is underway

Started fin at around 32, quit at 39, crashed 6 weeks later. I’m 44.

21 here. I agree that there must be a lot of older men suffering from pfs that do not realize it.

Are you geting bettet? Curiuos since we are same age det

44 years

22 here

We haven’t looked in a few months, but last check the survey showed an average patient age of 36.

Average age of the person taking the test or WHEN the syndrome kicked in?
Cause I’ve been doing my personal demographics of the users and seems to have a high incidence soecially on the 16-35yo range.
Past that seems to decrease drastically.
(i refer to the age of developing the syndrome for first time, not the age of “suffering and recovering” process)

I’m going to 60 now. I know @JimWildman and @Akiyah got it from Finasterid for treatment of benigne prostain enlargement too. Like @BP7667 I think there are a huge amount of elderly man, who don’t realize that they suffer pfs. On a pfs Facebook site I met to guys with pfs aged 58 and 64.
I thing there is a large grayzone, because many sexual inactiv older men think these are normal ageing symptomes, or accept it for better peeing again.
At least it makes me very angry, if young men about 18 get a description for propetia an develope pfs and that there is no warning of the natural supplement Saw Palmetto.

1 Like