Do people eat oatmeal?

I need to start adding healthy and safe carbs to my diet. I’ve read some conflicting information about oats. Does anyone here eat it? I know its high in b vitamins which idk of that’s good for me ir not. I’m talking just plain cut oats no sugar or anything added.

1 Like

In my 3 years of PFS, aside from the ±6-8 months of strict keto/AIP diet and year or so of intermittent fasting, oatmeal has been my go to breakfast.

Ever since getting PFS I’ve had flat emotions, severe anhedonia and 0 libido but somehow I’ve been able to keep my full time high functioning job all those years.
Of course I’ve been lucky on the cognitive side of things but my stable healthy diet might’ve played a role too.

I currently use gluten free oats and almond milk but I’ve also used soy milk for the first 1.5 years of PFS or so. Neither have any effect on my symptoms as far as I can tell.

The add ins I cycle are, (especially the first two)

1. Peanut butter + banana + mixed nuts
  2. Blueberries + mixed nuts
  3. Apple + cinnamon

I can concur, during my (almost) 4 years of PFS I’ve eaten oats very often, in combination with all kinds of plant-based milks or dairy products and it’s not given me problems of any kind.