Do foragers get permanent side effects when they mistake a poisonous plant for an edible plant?

One of my neighbors ate an angel trumpet flower and has no lasting effects. Sure, she passed out and spent some days in the hospital, but she recovered just fine.

Belladonna and angel trumpets cause a short time effect like most plant and pharmaceutical drugs. That a poison causes epigenetic changes in this dimension can only cause endocrine disruptors or some cancerogens.

2 Likes

Manu, with your biochemistry background you may be very helpful to others here. Hold your head high, man, you are valuable and worthy. Jim

3 Likes

Today I’m very active here. I loved life so much. A nice house in a raw. Walking, biking,

enjoy the nature and the seasons,
-wich trees,
-shrub layer and
-craut layer
-(wich plant community)
-at wich biotope,

swimming and hanging in my little boat in the middle of the lake, I cold live on my own.

But we talked about plant drugs.
…the black deadly nightshade…
…henbane…
…papaver somniferum…
potential deadly but
nothing causes epigenetic changes…

2 Likes

It’s probably because I lead very much a shop bought life, but after reading about your extensive knowledge of nature’s larder and now this, I can’t help but envision you and your neighbours on your own patch of this planet just munching away at whatever is at the bottom of your gardens, all grazing like some human herd of hard as fuck outdoorspersons. Keep on masticating, although with caution (apologies for this frivolous post).

2 Likes