Distinctive smell after crashing

I know this is going to sound weird but those that crashed from Finasteride did you notice any distinct smell after it happened? I remember distinctly that it smelt as if my insides were being cooked after crashing twice from Finasteride and Sodium butyrate, eventually the smell disappeared 3-4 weeks later after crashing but without a doubt it was there. Now here’s my thoughts these drugs all cause apoptosis Finasteride, Accutane and SSRI’s leading to cell death, is it possible that site specific tissue changes have occurred due to internal injury that has possibly lead to chromatin remodelling and epigenetic changes as a result of this damage? When thinking about this most PFS patients have either neurological issues or sexual dysfunction in areas were 5alpha reductase is highest with most tissues remaining largely unaffected in most but not all PFS patients, so it just gets me thinking that the tsunami of 5alpha reductase proteins has damaged the tissue which has caused an adaptation to compensate due to injury.

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty common for people to say they smell like ammonia after crashing. Even their stool. I still do. I think it has something to do with proteins being broken down in muscles.

2 Likes

Yes, this certainly happened to me, and it’s distressing. Without wanting to sound too cocky I would say I used to smell rather good, haha, but after crashing I developed strong a strong ammonia smell as well as, well, the smell of off urine as my bladder became leaky.

Also, it certainly feels like both my liver and one of my kidneys have been sorely bruised, which is rather distressing health-wise. I may even see a doctor about these issues at some point.

I will say the ammonia smell has improved over time though as my body has recovered a little, but I certainly don’t have the same smell I used to.

2 Likes

Might be worth getting some blood tests done to check kidney function.

Fin is for sure kidney toxic.

I suspect it’s the pathogens - they all cause some issue with GDH and can raise ammonia, ebv, lyme, mycoplasma etc…