Disregulated response to stress

Adaptogens are supplements and herbs that are specifically meant to boost the stress response. My psych recommended the following formulation to me. I started taking it and it is too early to say if it is working exactly, but I have noticed I don’t crash nearly as much from caffeine which is one form of stress for me.

They’re not gonna overpower your lack of allopregnanolone. Only thing that can do that is benzos and they’re extremely dangerous.

They’re not a cure by any means. But if they boost your quality of life by 10%, it’s definitely worth taking a capsule a day. Overcoming PFS at this point is not about finding a cure, that is far too complex right now. It’s about pulling yourself up by your bootstraps so you can live a satisfactory or better life. If you find 5 10% boosts, you’re in pretty good shape.

1 Like

True but only seek treatment if you’re unsatisfied with your situation. It could lead to making yourself worse if you are ok with your baseline if so then it might not be worth it.

I doubt herbs will help anyone. I believe you need real pharma grade drugs like benzos which act on gaba regardless of precense of alpregalone (fact check this pls)

I think the prefrontal cortex has been damage also…

Well, I really don’t know if someone will read me but let’s try.

I only would like have some news about people who answered this thread.

Do you feel any improvements in 1year and a half ?

Here is my personnal situation :

positive

• Improvement of the management of a standard stress
  • Improvement of the sleep quality
  • I can make sport almost every day ( small / average intensity within 30 min)

Negative

• Severe, really severe glossophobia

Conclusion : I’m… OK with the situation. Lost many friends, lost my “old” life, lost many things but I’m still alive, with a job and also my children…

I think that times ( 5 year from my crash in 2016), modification of lifestyle ( becoming a monk) , and also a lot of chance are the only solutions.

Now, I can believe anymore that it will completely end but I pray to stabilize and decrease the stress response. I’m now 43 years old and i’m becoming too old and I’m too tired to fight with this horrible disease !

See you,
Dam

1 Like