Disappearance of refractory period and penis sensitivity post-orgasm

I’ve noticed that since contracting PFS, my refractory period is essentially nonexistent. I can ejaculate multiple times without any discomfort in the penis. Traditionally men, as well as myself experience discomfort if attempting to induce another orgasm shortly after the first. I can do it multiple times without that corresponding discomfort. More curiously perhaps, the second orgasm is more intense than the first.

Scientists believe temporary elevated oxytocin and/or prolactin levels lead to the refractory period. Makes me wonder whether I’m not getting those elevations after initial orgasm…

I’m not sure what insight that casts, though it would be interesting to see if other PFS sufferers have experienced a similar situation.

1 Like

Yeah, the intense hypersensitivity that used to last for a few seconds afterwards is gone. Actual refractory period is greatly increased for me though. Used to be able to manage 2 or 3 in a row , sometimes more on occasion, without going soft.

I have the same, although orgasms are both extremely mild, at about 5-10% pre pfs.

Yep, same here.

You’re so lucky…

Sounds like a terrible side effect, lol :joy:

I have noticed usually being able to keep going and/or I’m up again sooner than I typically would have been… but like others have said, refractory period for actually getting the job done again is longer than it used to be, which honestly can be a pretty frustrating combo