DIM (diindolylmethane) supplements for estrogen excess

Has anyone tried DIM (diindolylmethane) supplements? DIM is a phytonutrient found in cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli. It is used to promote proper estrogen metabolism.

If anyone has tried it, how long did you try it for?

Supposedly this is an effective treatment. I’m going to look into this.

theres a few other threads on a similar subject
search ‘broccoli protocol’
i imagine eating this powder would be much easier than the broccoli protocol though , unless you actually like the taste of broccoli.

I looked up the broccoli treatment and it seems like such a pain in the ass–cus it’s not just eating broccoli, it’s drinking the juice you cook it in.

I like broccoli–but not broccoli juice.

I would drink a gallon of broccoli juice a day if it meant having a fraction of my libido back.

That’s the point of the DIM pill. You get the beneficial ingredient from broccoli without having to consume like two pounds of broccoli a day.

Well, I wouldn’t be so sure. Vegetables contain many different phytonutrients that are beneficial for our health. You can’t just pop a multivitamin and get all the nutrients that you would get from eating real vegetables/fruits.

Actual broccoli might contain many other nutrients that contribute to estrogen metabolism. Furthermore, you can never be sure what is going on in your body when you are consuming unnaturally concentrated forms of some nutrient.

Normally, I’m totally against taking random supplements/pills (I’ve learned my lesson after propecia) , but I’m desperate to get my libido back so I’m trying everything I can.

I started taking DIM supplements 3 days ago. I’m not sure why, but the DIM is making me urinate like crazy. I urinated like 6 times in an hour. I looked up DIM’s side effects and found only one reference to increased urination. In fact, it mentions the same brand of DIM I’m using (Nature’s Way).

The guy says “Double strength dimm by Enzymatic Therapy and DIM by natures way are the only products I tried and were too effective causing causing urgency of urination and a number of side effects.”

I found it at this link:

answers.google.com/answers/threa … 60970.html

What you have stated is all valid. It is true that we are better able to digest micronutrients when in combination with food.

Point? It’s better, on most supplements/drugs, to eat it with food.

Tell me how DIM works for you, I’m interested in taking it.

@worried @YaEatChickenSOWHAT @The_Ruffneck Did DIM ever help alleviate high estrogen symptoms? I’m looking to exhaust natural sources before resorting to an estrogen blocker.

hi . i red about Estrogen , and what would cause it , and i saw that i have some of its excess side effects since i did all blood tests and all seems to be ok , nothing left except for this Estrogen thing , so i`m thinking of taking DIM (Diindolymethane) pills , but still afraid . are they ok ?

@wallody Did you ever try this? Did it help?